July 29 is the end.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
When I was a kid, there was a rare alignment of planets which, predictably, was accompanied by dire warnings of the end of the world. A neighbor put his family in a 17ft. aluminum rowboat on the roof apparently thinking that during the apocalyptic flooding, they would just float away. This guy was a dentist for crying out loud so somewhere along the line he must have studied some science, but there they were. When the appointed hour came and went, they tried to get out of the boat and rejoin sanity. Unfortunately, his grasp of basic physics was as shaky as his theology and the boat slid right down off the roof, family and all. One kid was off to the ER with a broken arm.
The funniest in long time John!!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Did you get there in time? Did you place bets on the End vs. Survive July 29? Which way did you bet?
I was at the local 'video lottery' when the world ended (all flight were booked and the bus was too slow). We are the 'Left Behind'. Now, we won't notice much difference on this site due to the very low number of people here Raptured.

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I was at the local 'video lottery' when the world ended (all flight were booked and the bus was too slow). We are the 'Left Behind'. Now, we won't notice much difference on this site due to the very low number of people here Raptured.
Yeah, this whole non-event has been very disappointing. I only wish I would have had the rowboat-on-top-of-the-garage idea that @JohnInTX mentioned. I would have been the envy of my neighborhood. All of those onlookers' going from laughing at me to pleading for me to let them aboard. I'll try to remember that one for the next Armageddon.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Ok, the date has past, the thread gas drifted to, whatever - dentists?
Anyone get the silent Dad joke embedded in this commercial about a dentist?

Last edited:

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
WoW, this sounds serious. One question though, do we all get annihilated at the same instant or does it depend on one's time zone?
If its a solar flare to burn every one up I would expect at least 12 hours delay for half the world.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Rifaa,did we lose anyone,any big waves coming to you.good to see you on

line again.Are you King yet,any r-410 a/c units there yet...have you heard of them.

Got any thing else to say---july,30,2016 is here...........Loosewire..your buddy

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Rifaa,did we lose anyone,any big waves coming to you.good to see you on

line again.Are you King yet,any r-410 a/c units there yet...have you heard of them.

Got any thing else to say---july,30,2016 is here...........Loosewire..your buddy
Loosewire I say you need AA and we all need Al-Anon cuz of reading your posts:rolleyes:!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I have met in person with many members at the world famous Elbo room,you are

invited to do the same,so far the food has been good...so was the conversation.