Issue turning on Led light

tzak902

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Hello, I hope everyone is good.

I got an issue with a desktop led light that I would like to fix, so my wife came and inject my laptop charger with 18V and now the unit is not turning on at all.
I tested the Led and it's working fine, this led has a touch sensor whenever you touch it, it has 3 levels of lighting, Bright lighting, Medium and Low then when you touch it it will turn off.

I'm not sure which part is burned, it has a rechargeable battery which I tested and it's working fine.

I have attached images so you can have a better idea.

Attachments

tzak902

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Hello and thank you for your response dear Dennis, I completely don't know because I didn't make it, I just bought it fully working but when my wife plugged a 18V power supply it stopped working, do you think that U1 and U3 might be burned out?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Can't say what could have been damaged without seeing a schematic. Is there any physical damage that you can see? Components that fail may have visible indications.

tzak902

Joined Jan 16, 2019
I suspect it might be U3 because when I connect a wire around the IC the charging Led will go sometimes Red Or Green, but can you help me to find this type of IC, I just need the reference so I can order it

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Trace the components and connections on the board and make a schematic.

The SMT components might have actual part numbers or markings that can be cross referenced to standard parts.

Look for any components that show signs of physical damage.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Take a look at the ICs with a bright light and a magnifying glass. Move the light to different angles. I’ve seen labels appear when I thought there was none.

DC_Kid

Joined Feb 25, 2008
What exactly happened? Laptop 18v charger was plugged into a desktop LED lamp?

Maybe as a lessons-learned experience you just bypass that board and make the lamp a on/off lamp only, with a small toggle switch somewhere?

The time/effort and cost of new parts is probably way more than just buying a new lamp.