Is my logicboard fried now?

idoit

Joined Oct 20, 2015
The logicboard attached is for my Kobo Touch. Its MicroUSB port had an issue, and I couldn't charge it. So I used the four holes on the bottom-right (as seen in picture) to charge it and I was successful. I was doing this using my USB wall charger - I stripped its wires and connect Red and Black wires directly to the 1st and 3rd hole from left, respectively.

All was good until my hand shook and one wire touched the stuff above those 4 holes while the other wire was still in the one of the holes. After that my Kobo doesn't turn on! Is the logicboard fried? How can I test if it's still alive?

Thanks

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
yes.. you have fried "something" out obviously as immediately after you shorted a wire to somewhere it shouldn't go it stopped working..

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
The logicboard attached is for my Kobo Touch. Its MicroUSB port had an issue, and I couldn't charge it. So I used the four holes on the bottom-right (as seen in picture) to charge it and I was successful. I was doing this using my USB wall charger - I stripped its wires and connect Red and Black wires directly to the 1st and 3rd hole from left, respectively.

All was good until my hand shook and one wire touched the stuff above those 4 holes while the other wire was still in the one of the holes. After that my Kobo doesn't turn on! Is the logicboard fried? How can I test if it's still alive?

Thanks
At least FM is not an issue anymore...

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Check the fuse but I doubt that it's the problem since they are most likely using a resetable polyfuse.You shorted the data pins which probably means that MCU or interfacing chip is dead.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Any measure to know it is definitely fried? Thanks.
Yes.. try turning it on.. If it doesn't turn on its fried..

Attempting to pinpoint the exact component/s that failed can be challenging even for professionals.
Time to buy a new one