Is Math the Language of the GOD’s?

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Math is embedded within the integers themselves. For example did you know that the probability that two "randomly chosen" numbers are coprime is in fact 6/π^2?

Code:
#include <math.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>

typedef unsigned long word;

word gcd(word first, word second) {
  if (!second)
    return first;
  return gcd(second, first % second);
}

word generate(void) {
  const int bits = sizeof(word) * 8;
  word result = 0;
  int count = bits;
  while (count--) {
    result <<= 1;
    int toss = rand() & 1;
    result |= toss;
  }
  return result;
}

int main(void) {
  srand(time(NULL));
  word coprime = 0;
  word total = 0;
  for (;;) {
    if (gcd(generate(), generate()) == 1)
      ++coprime;
    double estimate = 1 / sqrt(coprime / (6 * (double)++total));
    printf("                %.12g\n", estimate);
  }
}
Of course that's using the deterministic pseudorandom number generator "rand()". For an even better simulation actual stochastic samples should be used (ie: linux's /dev/urandom).

Last edited:

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
2 + 2 = 4 it is both transcendent and imminent it transcends the creatures of the world by exercising powers over them conforming them to its dictates. It is immanentism In that it touches and holds in its domain even the smallest bit of this world . 2 + 2 = 4 transcends the galactic clusters and is imminently present in the behavior of the electrons surrounding a beryllium nucleus.Transcendence and immanence are characteristics of God.
Natural numbers conform to arithmetical properties and laws that are already there laws that are discovered rather than invented the laws must already be there 2 + 2 equals 4 must actually hold. It must have teeth.If it is truly universal it is not violated. The mathematician cannot force the issue by inventing a new property say that 2 + 2 = 5 and then forcing the universe to conform to his formulation.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The mathematician cannot force the issue by inventing a new property say that 2 + 2 = 5 and then forcing the universe to conform to his formulation.
Of course he can. As a degreed applied mathematics student, it’s obvious that for very large values of 2 and very small values of 5, 2 + 2 = 5 !

To say differently, is just a round-off error introduced by Engineers.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Of course he can. As a degreed applied mathematics student, it’s obvious that for very large values of 2 and very small values of 5, 2 + 2 = 5 !

I see what you did there, so GOD Theistically is imaginary, thats actually funny. lol

I’m sure others got it but, took awhile for me. And thats funny too! lol

But, if GOD is imaginary and if I were to use the Universe as both my Father and my Mother. Then why when I hit my thumb or burn my hand it hurts. Not imaginary.

As creatures we can build rockets, smash photons, to see the wonder, but Imaginary things like the Graviton is needed to explain some theories. If it really exists.

So, back to imaginary things, but why is my thumb hurting and is Math the language of the GODS.

kv

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006

So let's say that all the integers are actually random variables with a mean that is the value of the integer with a standard deviation (σ) of 1/3, then there would be a fairly decent probability that 2 + 2 would be close to 5

Example:
(2 + 1σ) + (2 + 1.5σ) ≈ 4.833
(2 + 3σ) + (2 - 0.1σ) ≈ 4.967

δ-neighborhoods -- anybody?
We used to joke that a constant k was just a normally distributed random variable with mean k and variance approaching 0.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

Mathematics is the language in which physical reality is described but Mathematics doesn't need to conform to reality.

They could also easily say that pi = 4.0 and circles are squares.
https://thatsmaths.com/2012/11/29/where-circles-are-square-and-π-equals-4/

And it has real-world relevance: the taxi fare you pay depends on d1, not on the Euclidean distance!

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
Math is the language of capitalists indeed... :-/
For the main God ,there's no limitation like us in time-space domain .
For land Gods , partial limitations should be considered.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Math is the language of capitalists indeed... :-/
For the main God ,there's no limitation like us in time-space domain .
For land Gods , partial limitations should be considered.
So, I will address this post with one comment, that this is not a form of Religion nor am I willing to extend it, this post is not the point of the discussion.

Post# 12 and this Post#18 I will pull aside and ask no one to address it, discuss it, no further comments please. Stay on Topic, Is Math the Language of the Gods.

Your Post is leading and I know where it’s coming from, very much the same as Post#12, Religion does attempt to bring Science or Physics or Math of it all, to explain a System of Control, or Manifestation of Reality according to the human mind. This Post actually makes me angry, so please do not pre-suppose Religion in any form shape or fashion be brought here it’s nothing more than dogma.

You should know better.

kv