Iphone charger dead resistors

Endre Jenei-Molnár

Joined May 12, 2017
Hello every dear member !

I have a situation with an iphone charger :eek:ne diode has been died and 2 or 3 resistors were heated up and left black grime nearby them ,i created some photo's (i disassmebled very carefully the charger and i have to admit i made a very good work ) where you can see the disassembled charger and a schematic.The blue circled is a diode ,Does anyone know is it an 1N4148 or a1N914 ?If anyone can help me to identify these 3 resisitor's(circled red) value i'll be very thankful :)

Attachments

Endre Jenei-Molnár

Joined May 12, 2017
Someone can tell me the value of this resistor? i calculated on the google with color code calculator but it's not obvious ,maybe it's 940 ohm ,the colors is: red ,black ,black ,gold ,white /but there's no white in the fifth band menu.It's near the 220v plug so it must be high ohm resistor.I think that's the last bad part.I appreciate any help

Attachments

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Red-Black-Black is 20 ohms. Gold is only used to indicate tolerance so the first digit of the value is the red one at the opposite end.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Someone can tell me the value of this resistor? i calculated on the google with color code calculator but it's not obvious ,maybe it's 940 ohm ,the colors is: red ,black ,black ,gold ,white /but there's no white in the fifth band menu.It's near the 220v plug so it must be high ohm resistor.I think that's the last bad part.I appreciate any help
Is it R30/31 on the circuit diagram?, or it maybe an inductor 20uH 5% ...

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
That ID does not exist on the schematic as far as I can see. Can you identify one or more components to which it connects?

By the way, did you try measuring that resistor?

Endre Jenei-Molnár

Joined May 12, 2017
Thank you for xyour help ,i can't measure it because it's totally blowed up ,the multimeter not show anything,there's a photo from it in my previous reply ,you can see it has 5 stripes ,and i tried many colour code calculator and no one can identify it .