Increasing The Watt Of A Generator

huzzein

Joined Aug 23, 2014
i'm rasheed by name nd i'm presently workin on a project, nw the issue is tht i wnt to increase the watt of the generator im using by FIRST splittin tht generator's output of which is 650 (220v 3a) to two after which i convert ths ac volts to dc then merging it again to amount to 440v dc 3a nw convertin it bak to ac volts, then steppin the ac volts down to 220 thus increasin the current bit more... eventually increasin the watt. cn thz be possible ???

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What you propose violates at least one of the laws of thermodynamics...

What you need is more horsepower in the engine, more iron and copper in the generator...

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
It would also make it much easier to read your original post if you didn't type like you are texting on a phone and abbreviating the snot out of nearly every word.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
not possable, the generators are built with wire that handles only so much current, and to replace everything on the generator to increase the power would cost more than a new generator. they just arent built strong enough to increase the power.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
I would try. Not double, maybe. Increase voltage output.
More input power would be required of course, but OP didn't constrain.

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
the generators are built with wire that handles only so much current, and to replace everything on the generator to increase the power would cost more than a new generator.
cheapest option - buy a new generator