Im student. I dont find my encoder cables.

Yusuf Delibaş 1

Joined Aug 19, 2018
Hello everyone.

I have a EFKA p5-2 brand sychronization device. There is one encoder in it. There are many cables in it. Where do I find which of these cables belongs to the encoder? I just want to use the encoder. I have an arduino project. I want to use this encoder. I could not get any technical information on the internet. I emailed the company, but there was no return. Can you please help me?

How can I use this encoder,
How can I calculate the resolution of this encoder?

I do not know much arduino. I will use the ready codes.

Thank you.

https://i.hizliresim.com/j6pV8m.jpg
https://i.hizliresim.com/BzNDrp.jpg
https://i.hizliresim.com/Z3p7ZG.jpg

Please warn me if I do something wrong. I do not know the rules and I use google translator.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Looks like a quadrature slot encoder.
You could patiently count the slots for a full, quarter or half turn to get the resolution.
Looks to be around 100 counts/rev, which is about the maximum you can go with a slot encoder before resorting to glass etched.
In the absence of any documentation, the next best would be to reverse engineer the wiring connection to get the encoder output and supply connections.
Basically two types + & - power and A,B pulse, or A, B, & /A, /B complements.
Max.

Last edited:

Yusuf Delibaş 1

Joined Aug 19, 2018
Looks like a quadrature slot encoder.
You could patiently count the slots for a full, quarter or half turn to get the resolution.
Looks to be around 100 counts/rev, which is about the maximum you can go with a slot encoder before resorting to glass etched.
In the absence of any documentation, the next best would be to reverse engineer the wiring connection to get the encoder output and supply connections.
Basically two types + & - power and A,B pulse, or A, B, & /A, /B complements.
Max.
Which cable color do I use? Which cable + and - for? How can I find this. I just want to use an encoder that takes 100 steps. How can I do that. Which color cords may belong to him. It may be working with how many. ?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It appears to have descrete components on a Pct board, if you can identify any numbers on the slot opto you can trace the wiring back this way, usually red/black for power.
There appears to be three on there in total, you just need the bottom one.
BTW, a bare slot encoder like this can be had on Ebay for $1.69.
Max.

Yusuf Delibaş 1

Joined Aug 19, 2018
[QUOTE = "MaxHeadRoom, post: 1298045, üye: 212212"] En azından 100 yuva diskini okuyan alt slot opto'undan bir parça numarası alabilir misiniz?
En. [/ Alıntı]

Attachments

Yusuf Delibaş 1

Joined Aug 19, 2018
[QUOTE = "MaxHeadRoom, post: 1298045, üye: 212212"] En azından 100 yuva diskini okuyan alt slot opto'undan bir parça numarası alabilir misiniz?
En. [/ Alıntı]

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The top two appear to be Sharp products, but I think it is the one at the bottom that is the 100p/rev .
In the 4.jpg there is a number on the top of the opto, AK something?
Max.

Yusuf Delibaş 1

Joined Aug 19, 2018
[QUOTE = "MaxHeadRoom, post: 1298049, üye: 212212"] İlk ikisi Sharp ürünleri gibi görünüyor, ancak altta 100p / rev olanı sanırım.
4.jpg'de opto'nun üstünde bir sayı var, AK bir şey mi?
En. [/ Alıntı]

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That number does not come up and there is some kind of weird connection there as though two optos are in series?
You would need to patiently reverse-engineer the board in order to get the wire connections you need.
There is a few Surface mount devices on there also.
Max.

Yusuf Delibaş 1

Joined Aug 19, 2018
That number does not come up and there is some kind of weird connection there as though two optos are in series?
You would need to patiently reverse-engineer the board in order to get the wire connections you need.
There is a few Surface mount devices on there also.
Max.
I understand. This encoder works with several volts. Can I work with Arduino. ? I have an arduino mega. At least I would have better know which ends are + and -. Is the wrong cable 5V or burning condition of the card? It seems necessary to read with Arduino. It would have been nice if I only learned the + and - ends.

Yusuf Delibaş 1

Joined Aug 19, 2018
I have worked with these synchronizers. I have couple of them from Efka sewing machines. If I have time, I will reverse-engineer it and post it.
I really thank you very much. There are economic problems in our country a few times a year. It's very expensive here. I got a customer from a sewing machine. I need to use this. I really need your help. These are the cables.
Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:
This is my reverse-engineered version. I haven't studied the signals, though. But the circuit might give a better insight.

EDIT: Both collectors of the S52 optos go to the pink cable.

Last edited:

Yusuf Delibaş 1

Joined Aug 19, 2018
This is my reverse-engineered version. I haven't studied the signals, though. But the circuit might give a better insight.

EDIT: Both collectors of the S52 optos go to the pink cable.

Hello there. Thank you so much for giving me the labor. But I could not make any sense out of your drawing. There's not much electronic information to look at. So I did a few circuits a few years ago, but I do a very good soldering. :) What is your comment? Can I use this track. ? You said you were connecting to the pink cable in both. But I do not understand. Which cable can see my work? I would be very grateful if you told me this.

Thank you very much again.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Are you hoping to repair a sewing machine that uses such an encoder? Or is this an item intended for some arduino project from which you learn NOTHING. Cables with lots of different colors generally DO NOT have a standard color code, and tracing out the circuit revealed an assembly that will need some support electronics to do anything such as provide an actual signal to drive logic. And none of the arduino project books will give you even one word about how that circuit works. And understanding how to connect a processor to the real world is important. While the manufacturer may not provide information about the encoder, the maker of the sewing machine it would be part of may be able to help.