If You Could Live Any Place In The World

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
It doesn't matter who burns fossil fuel, Canada, USA or China. The best place for fossil fuel is to leave it in the ground.
If the world suppliers made that decision tomorrow, life as we know it would come crumbling down with catastrophic results. It's a bold outlook, but until western civilization turns away from a consumer driven economy, it's a fairytale. Alternatives are on the horizon, but unless our North American lifestyles are sharply curtailed (not to mention the future global consumers), petroleum will be our energy source of choice for some time, along with it's unwanted byproducts.

Not to worry, when global warming takes hold, Canada will become the USA 51st state.
Not sure why we'd want to adopt thier political system.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
World suppliers will not make that decision tomorrow. They are too addicted to the lucrative profits made from selling fossil fuel.

Canada wouldn't adopt the US political system. There would be no choice. Ask yourself how many Americans are already working in the Canadian oil industry.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
World suppliers will not make that decision tomorrow. They are too addicted to the lucrative profits made from selling fossil fuel..
actually, it's unbridled consumerism that fuels the North American economy, which in turn produces bizarre profits for the clandestinites.

Canada wouldn't adopt the US political system. There would be no choice.
I'll abstain on the insult.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Canada rocks and I live further from canada then anyone else but loosewire. We also probably come into contact and deal with canadians more then anyone else since they all come here for winter. Cannucks are good people. I'd love to live in canada a couple years.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
No offence but Canada's not exactly a military power. The French could invade canada with no problems, but you must think. Who wants to invade canada? They have almost no enemies, they live on our n border so any attack on them we would interfere with it. So cananda's actually the really smart one here. They have all the benefits of a modern army to protect them, but don't have to spend anything on it. Also I know canada has fought in the ME during nato's reign, so they have pulled their weight in the internation war game.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Here are four compelling reasons why Canada will become the 51st state when Global Warming sinks in:

1. USA needs Canada's water
2. USA wants Canada's tar sands
3. Canada-USA border is already controlled by US Homeland Security and Patriot Act
4. Canada will lose its sovereignty over Arctic resources

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
As I see it, Canada already is a 51st state... Just look at the behavior of our PM. Despite the protests, many love the tar sands as they provide the jobs, I still cannot believe the fact that history apparently teaches us nothing. The pipeline through BC - billion dollar tourist industry vs. a possibility of an oil spill for a few million dollars/year in returns... Sure the engineering could be solid, but who is operating the equipment... In one way Canada will now suffer in the same way Central American countries did from Canadian Mining industries. Is it right - no. When will we learn that relying on extraction of resources is unsustainable - obviously never. Money is god, even though to extract one barrel of oil from tar sands uses fossil fuels, water and leaves toxic mess that takes over 200 years to solidify to a point where it could be covered up. Great project.

Who will pull the plug? Nature most likely, will be fun times as we will be entirely unprepared. Kind of like all those other civilizations that killed each other off fighting for food and water.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
As I see it, Canada already is a 51st state... Just look at the behavior of our PM. Despite the protests, many love the tar sands as they provide the jobs, I still cannot believe the fact that history apparently teaches us nothing. The pipeline through BC - billion dollar tourist industry vs. a possibility of an oil spill for a few million dollars/year in returns... Sure the engineering could be solid, but who is operating the equipment... In one way Canada will now suffer in the same way Central American countries did from Canadian Mining industries. Is it right - no. When will we learn that relying on extraction of resources is unsustainable - obviously never. Money is god, even though to extract one barrel of oil from tar sands uses fossil fuels, water and leaves toxic mess that takes over 200 years to solidify to a point where it could be covered up. Great project.

Who will pull the plug? Nature most likely, will be fun times as we will be entirely unprepared. Kind of like all those other civilizations that killed each other off fighting for food and water.
I personally don't support a 'northern gateway' line to Kitimat. I wouldn't run the risk. The line to Port Moody needs to be upgraded however, or shut down.

The one thing that every Canadian needs to be concerned about is good government.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I would really like to live in Norway, or one of the Scandinavian countries.

Lots of fishing and mountains. Not too much heat either.

Iceland looks cool (lol) too.