Where would it be and why ,if you could get on flight today, where

would you go. Where would you travel to work , where do you think the

best pay and life is affordable. Do you have globle skills just in case you

need them in the future. In your opinion what are globle skills, have you

prepared by getting a passport. Middle east women are being flown to

India to learn how to solder curcuit boards at home and teach other

tribal women at home,the world economy is growing slow,but its on the

move.
I would choose American,for I think there is wide and free.
globle skills?I think all human beings are similar,so the demand is similar.

"Middle east women are being flown to

tribal women at home" That's funny
:D

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Where would it be and why ,if you could get on flight today, where
I would like to move to The Maldives and be next-door neighbor to R!f@@. I would just bring with me my favorite book. "100000 pranks and practical jokes to play on your neighbor" :p:D

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Very interesting that government wants to keep there young men for

service to country,not free to leave. Maybe women too now a days.

You can leave U.S. getting back in is the problem....you need alot

paper work,even if you go out fishing in International waters off

shore.

Last edited:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Yup! Pretty much! Except for the part where I put on my mother's bra. It's two sizes too big for my breast.
Silicone implants....

I would like to move to The Maldives and be next-door neighbor to R!f@@. I would just bring with me my favorite book. "100000 pranks and practical jokes to play on your neighbor" :p:D
Then I would be the neighbor on the other side, testing out my "Drive the native crazy" - theories...

Actually, the Maldives or the Seychelles, would be a great place to have cabin or a vacation house. Nearby the sea. It would just cost a fortune to go on vacation there. :eek:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Very interesting that government wants to keep there young men for

service to country,not free to leave. Maybe women too now a days.

You can leave U.S. getting back in is the problem....you need alot

paper work,even if you go out fishing in International waters off

shore.
Oh, I can leave anytime alright and live abroad for the rest of my life. But come back for 10 days in the Christmas vacations and *Grab* Into the platoon you go!
However, if you are 35 years or older you can buy out most of your service except the 1 month of basic training which is no big deal.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I 'd like to try the lumberjack life in Canada. Now if only I could trade this for my military service...
it isn't the same, as the industry is completely mechanized, and import tariffs by the US has kicked the **** out of the industry. That may not be a bad thing as moderate growth beats slash and burn.

We do however have some big projects in petroleum on the go and are massively short of skilled trade workers. There's been talk of bringing in US military workers on a temporary basis. Wages are spiralling upwards, skilled workers have choice, and entry level positions (apprenticeship) abound.

I wouldn't live anywhere else right now.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Call a spade a spade. Canada has big tar sands projects on the go.
You already know my opinion about burning fossil fuel so I will leave it at that.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I would choose American,for I think there is wide and free.
globle skills?I think all human beings are similar,so the demand is similar.

"Middle east women are being flown to

tribal women at home" That's funny
:D
It is especially tragic in the sense that this labor is, for the most part, no longer needed. Automated assembly robots make boards better and faster the first time and repair is no longer economically viable no matter how cheap the labor.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
They call the new jet set something I forget. Its a incredibly wealthy class of people who have no home country so they don't have to pay taxes. The world really needs to toughen up on these people. Denounce your citizenship you may never enter the US or US colonies again.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
They call the new jet set something I forget. Its a incredibly wealthy class of people who have no home country so they don't have to pay taxes. The world really needs to toughen up on these people. Denounce your citizenship you may never enter the US or US colonies again.
Collonies?!!? Literaly maybe, but practically I think not.

Last edited:

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
While there's lots of places I would love to visit, there's really "no place like home" and I don't mean Kansas. I feel I have the best of all worlds--a great job, a wonderful home (my 10 acres of paradise) with family reasonably close by, a very significant "significant other", opportunities to do things/go places, usually nice climate (all seasons present), my adorable kitties, decent (not great) economy, health care options (could be better), and freedom to make choices. It could be a lot worse.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Where else can you surf in the morning and snowboard by noon? Where else can you wear shorts in the winter(I don't get it, but I see some masochists do it...) and sandals when it rains?

Despite my desire to live for a while elsewhere, I will always return to California!