I need help with an audio amplifier.

ConstructionK88

Joined Jul 25, 2018
I think I must be misunderstanding what your wrote. Are you saying that if you parallel your computer speaker and another speaker the sound is good and if you series the computer speaker with another speaker the sound is good but, without the computer speaker the other speakers sound bad?

If that is really the case, does good clean sound come out of the speaker in parallel or series speaker or is the sound from the computer speaker so loud you can't tell?

I push this because you seem to be having problems that are not connected to your amplifier.
All is correct. Also I muffled the CS with a towel just to hear the other speaker and it sounds good. The 8 ohms(6inch) sound good alone but are way to quiet. It's the 6 ohms I'm pushing for because of their smaller size (4inch). And clean sound comes out of any of them so long as the computer speaker is involved in series or parallel which is confusing as heck. It's like the impedance doesn't matter except to the tda2050. It just gets hotter with the higher, in series, impedance but not excessively. Of course none are as loud as the CS because they aren't enclosed but I tested the CS out of its box and it's just a little quieter. I also tested the speakers with my old sound system tower and they work just fine so the speakers aren't damaged. I also understand that the tda is mono and I'm asking a lot of it but even any of the other speakers alone aren't even comparable to the CS in volume and clarity.

ConstructionK88

Joined Jul 25, 2018
Here is a crazy thought, based on my first-hand experience. Have you verified recently that the car speakers are OK? I had a few pairs that sat on a shelf for quite a few years. They were fine when I last used them many years back, but now they rattle and scratch. It seems that speakers do not all age gracefully. That might possibly be the problem.
Indeed I have. Only one is from a car the other, 6in 8ohm and 4in 6ohm speakers are from an old cd/stereo system that only picks up local stations and the cd player is busted(accident's happen). They came off of it. I decided to use them for my own system since the other is essentially useless. They sounded perfect when tested.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Indeed I have. Only one is from a car the other, 6in 8ohm and 4in 6ohm speakers are from an old cd/stereo system that only picks up local stations and the cd player is busted(accident's happen). They came off of it. I decided to use them for my own system since the other is essentially useless. They sounded perfect when tested.
Checking the speakers was simple enough to be worth investigating. That is why I suggested it, because stuff does happen some times.