I need Help on a design schematics for a power inverter

layxide11

Joined Jul 30, 2015
Hello guys
Please i want to build a 5kva power inverter. I seriously need help on the design, it could be using locally sourced materials or a tested and working design of one.
Thank you

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
A 5 KVA inverter is not a trivial piece of gear to build.

Judging from your other posts, you need to get up to speed on some power fundamentals before attempting anything of this magnitude.

layxide11

Joined Jul 30, 2015
A 5 KVA inverter is not a trivial piece of gear to build.

Judging from your other posts, you need to get up to speed on some power fundamentals before attempting anything of this magnitude.
Thanks for the advice, thats why i am seeking for help. You could just send me anything that you consider as help

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Note that the whole world has become interested in this subject of late, as everyone contemplates the move to alternative energy sources.
Modern high power Inverter designs will be proprietary, not to be found floating around on the web, your options are limited.

Study what is available commercially, buy one if you can and reverse engineer it.
In general, this tech is tricky and complex, you will never be able to build one for less than the cost of an off-the-shelf unit.
It's common folly to imagine building something for less money than buying one, but it's rarely true these days.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The truth is that not many of us in the Electrical Engineering field have the slightest idea how to design one of theses things. When I was an undergraduate in 1965-1970 nobody cared about renewable energy. We were all into mini-computers, and analog computers, and communications of all kinds. There was no money in inverters then and I can't see a huge market for them even now.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well, lets start with the basics.

What will it's primary use be?
How much money do you have to spend?
What is the power source?
What will the input voltage be?
What will the output voltage be?
Does it need be sine wave semi square wave output?
Will it be a low frequency based design based on a 5 KVA iron core transformer or high-frequency SMPS based?