How to route LED resistor connector for double sided PCB ?

Gajyamadake

Joined Oct 9, 2019
1) Making new devices is something you will need to do sooner or later. Sooner is better. Usually, you can find a suitable package. There is one for that chip in the Eagle library. Then all you need is a symbol and there are probably other 44-pin devices with the same pinout. If not, get something close and modify it. Then connect the pins to give your own device. Set up a personal library for those devices rather than add to an existing library. That library will grow.
I was reading some tutorials to create new library from the existing library part

1. In the EAGLE control panel > File > New > Library
2. I see options new device/footprint/3Dpackage/Symbol.
3. Clicked on button new devices
4. In the dialog that pops up click import...
5. import this PIC16F874L
see the screenshot
1572374414711.png

2) Your current design does not include connections for ICSP. You probably want to add them.
3) It is better to start with an actual schematic. Then you will have electronic rules check (ERC) and schematic capture for the PCB design that will help find errors.
It would be to early for me to mix all the part's. I am following rule one step at one time. so first priority is some simple circuit

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I think you missed my point. Using devices and their components (symbol and package) from a known and reliable source is simpler. Take for example the link you gave,
here is how he pins line up on a 0.1" grid:

1572380332970.png

Here is how Microchip suggests the package be made. Note, the pad holes for the pins are centered on the 0.1" grid:
1572379954948.png

With reference to the link you gave:
1) Those pads are small.
2) The pads are not centered on the grid. That may give difficulties or at least uglies when routing.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I tend not to look at Instructables because they/it are not validated in any meaningful sense. Also, I don't know how you ended up in "Options."

For me, the steps for a new library are:
1) Open Control Panel
2)Click on File>New>Library

You can also get there from other locations, e.g., open Library.

Here is what my index tree looks like:

1572450341942.png

The "1ANHALT" folder is a backup. My working personal library is 1ANHALT.LBR in the default Eagle main library list. As I alluded too earlier, your personal library will get large. For example, some users put every component they have ever used in a design in their personal library. That has the potential to make a very large library. I do not do that, except for rare occasions. For example, there are so many switches in the Eagle libraries that I have added the few I ever use to my own to make finding them easier.

So, my library contains only devices not in the Eagle default libraries, the ones (like switches) where there are too many similar devices in Eagle libraries for me to remember which one I use, or devices for which I have either modified the package or symbol from the default Eagle device. Usual reason for the latter are when I bend the pins in some unusual way, e.g, so a TO-92 spans 4 holes instead of 3, or the symbol is not isomorphic to the actual device, i.e., I generally put the pins on my symbols in the same order as on the package.

Gajyamadake

Joined Oct 9, 2019
For me, the steps for a new library are:
1) Open Control Panel
2)Click on File>New>Library
Good evening jpanhalt

Thanks Problem has been solved I can get pic16f877a library.

I need below part's in my schematics

* Push button
* 33 PF Capacitor
* 12 Mhz Crystal

Searching required component in eagle is really painful. Where are these in eagle

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
In my older version,

1) Switches are in "switch-something." Switch-omron is a good source. You may find searching on DigiKey or Mouser first will narrow the choices. As mentioned, that is why I added a few switches to my personal library.
2) Capacitors are most easily found in "rcl" or "resistor". All you need is the correct SIZE (SMD or TH). You can easily change the value in Eagle when drawing the schematic.
3) Crystals are in "crystal." Again, all you need is the correct size, then change value in program.

Gajyamadake

Joined Oct 9, 2019
In my older version,
Thank again jpanhalt, When I was making schematic I thought It would be batter make power supply unit before working on microcontroller unit

I have divide work into three parts
1) Power supply
3) Microcontroller
4) Programmer

Here is circuit that would take the 12 DC from 230 v to Adapter
1572529222700.png

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Your supply is pretty standard. Just be sure the capacitors are as specified in the datasheet. As for the connection to the MCU, looks OK, except the reset circuit. Check Microchip and the datasheet for a recommended reset. They usually have a resistor and capacitor to smooth rise to VCC. Remember that the reset switch is subject to bounce and that can result in multiple resets per attempt.