how to make stereo mon mixer

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Your stereo sound source would come from some device which is normally plugged into a stereo amplifier.

Your guitar (mono source) would normally be plugged into an instrument amplifier which contains a preamp, amplifier, power amp and speaker output. Some instrument amplifiers have a LINE output which is used to drive an external power amp or fed to a mixer. If you don't want to use an instrument amplifier you will have to build a preamp for the mono source.

You can sum the guitar LINE output and one stereo channel using a summing amplifier. The output of two summing amplifiers are fed into the stereo amplifier.

soulorseeker

Joined Feb 5, 2017
what i meant to say is i want the

stereo left (mp3) to output left
stereo right (mp3) to output right
guitar to output left
same guitar to output right

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
To keep the signal phase correct, you will need 4 opamps, or two dual opamps. For best sound quality these should be something like a 5534, not a 741 or LM358. also, dual power supplies, something like +/-12 V. Note that while the output of the MP3 player will drive headphones directly, the output of the mixer probably will not, or not very well. So there will have to be some kind of small power amplifier to drive the speakers as indicated in your drawing.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...DcGl2cw--?p=audio+mixer+schematic&fr2=piv-web

ak

soulorseeker

Joined Feb 5, 2017
To keep the signal phase correct, you will need 4 opamps, or two dual opamps. For best sound quality these should be something like a 5534, not a 741 or LM358. also, dual power supplies, something like +/-12 V. Note that while the output of the MP3 player will drive headphones directly, the output of the mixer probably will not, or not very well. So there will have to be some kind of small power amplifier to drive the speakers as indicated in your drawing.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...DcGl2cw--?p=audio+mixer+schematic&fr2=piv-web

ak
i want the output to be stereo. not a single summed mono

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Need to know his input levels.
Individual volume control or just a master volume or what.
Info is rather limited beside a poorly drawn diagram

soulorseeker

Joined Feb 5, 2017
Need to know his input levels.
Individual volume control or just a master volume or what.
Info is rather limited beside a poorly drawn diagram
i drew this for simplicity...i have both the L and R signal of the mp3 amplified individually with 2 lm386..and aslo amplified the mono(guitar)signal by another lm386...
now i want to send the amplified mp3 signals to corresponding outputs(out L & out R) and fed the mono(guitar) to both the outputs..

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
And you cannot sum the output of power amps as you have drawn.
You need to process the stereo and mono inputs before the power amp. One stereo power amp will do the job.