How to make a fan run with compressor?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Martinez, Downey...please be careful with the words, solder, braze, and weld.
One post said, "solder copper to steel". Lead based solder is not mechanically strong enough to be reliable in a Freon system and it will not "wet" steel (form an amalgam). With "silver solder", you are brazing the connection, and we almost never weld tubes together.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Wouldn't a copper (I've been writing it wrong all along) to steel weld suffer galvanic corrosion in the long term?
No. The inside of the tubing is completely lacking water. Look behind your refrigerator and you will see that the outside does not corrode either.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Martinez, Downey...please be careful with the words, solder, braze, and weld.
One post said, "solder copper to steel". Lead based solder is not mechanically strong enough to be reliable in a Freon system and it will not "wet" steel (form an amalgam). With "silver solder", you are brazing the connection, and we almost never weld tubes together.
Translation: solder = soldar, braze = soldar, weld = soldar ... you gotta gimme a break, man... there are limits in my own language on things that are untranslatable! :confused: But yes... I do understand the differences now that you've so kindly explained them to me... so a sincere thank you is in order... ;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
And a Thanks right back for the education about your language. I would guess it's Spanish, but some Cubans in Miami made it very clear to me that I did not learn Spanish, I learned Mexican, and that makes them superior to me. (I never told them I'm Danish. :D )

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
And a Thanks right back for the education about your language. I would guess it's Spanish, but some Cubans in Miami made it very clear to me that I did not learn Spanish, I learned Mexican, and that makes them superior to me. (I never told them I'm Danish. :D )
Well you've just made friends with a mexican part dutch, part italian, part spaniard and part jewish with an americanized sense of humor who speaks castellano... ;)