How to incorporate push buttons as well as a rotary encoder for media center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversky07

Joined Aug 20, 2014
Hello all. I am using a 12v cd player (just for eq and volume control) and my tablet. FOR AN IN HOME MEDIA CENTER. Where I am getting stuck is with the volume control. It uses a rotary encoder and I would like to integrate my push button controls for volume up and down too. The push button control unit has 3 wires, one for volume up, volume down and a wire to connect power or ground through the switch. Is there a way I can use some logic chip to output the same binary signal needed when I press a push button either way? I will upload the schematic for the cd player volume control circuit.

I have tried connecting a wire from the gnd terminal and touching it to either of the lines that have the 5v. It does not change it that way.

I also checked the encoder and it was pretty random for the frequency. I couldn't see a pattern. I think it was relative to the speed I spun the knob. So I made a 555 timer astable mode circuit and outputed to 65Hz. I ran it off the cd players power and tried outputting the 5v 65Hz to the signal wires and it didn't change the volume. I didnt think the input voltage should be from the wire SWDVDD (pin11) do you? Do you think the output for volume down should be to Pin11 and volume up be RDTO (pin4)? Or is the power for the encoder pin 11 and depending on the binary out from the encoder to pin 4 changes the volume? Any advice would help!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.