CD player volume control with rotary encoder and pushbuttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversky07

Joined Aug 20, 2014
Hello all. I am trying to get the finial stages of my car pc figured out. My setup integrates a hidden pioneer deh-p6400 cd player (just for eq and volume control) and my tablet. Where I am getting stuck is with the volume control. It uses a rotary encoder and I would like to integrate my steering wheel controls for volume up and down too. The steering wheel control unit has 3 wires, one for volume up, volume down and a wire to connect power or ground through the switch. Is there a way I can use some logic chip to output the same binary signal needed when I press a push button either way? I will upload the schematic for the cd player volume control circuit.

I have tried connecting a wire from the gnd terminal and touching it to either of the lines that have the 5v. It does not change it that way.

I also checked the encoder and it was pretty random for the frequency. I couldn't see a pattern. I think it was relative to the speed I spun the knob. So I made a 555 timer astable mode circuit and outputed to 65Hz. I ran it off the cd players power and tried outputting the 5v 65Hz to the signal wires and it didn't change the volume. I didnt think the input voltage should be from the wire SWDVDD (pin11) do you? Do you think the output for volume down should be to Pin11 and volume up be RDTO (pin4)? Or is the power for the encoder pin 11 and depending on the binary out from the encoder to pin 4 changes the volume? Any advice would help!

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Please read the Terms of Service (ToS) found at the bottom of each page.

The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised and however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in your thread being closed without question:
• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
• Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
• LEDs to mains
• Phone jammers
• Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
• Transformer-less power supplies
If this is automobile related this thread will be promptly closed.

Here is a site that may provide you with some assistance: Electro Tech Online

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.