How to import a third-party SPICE model in LTSpice that doesn't have a generic component!?

Younes Thabet

Joined Jan 9, 2019
Hello all,
I don't know if i am supposed to ask this kinda questions in this thread but i am going to anyway!

Tried importing a spice model for BAV70 (Dual-diode SOT23 package) after seeing some tutorials, all of them use a a generic component that represents the symbol of the SPICE model (from database) in this case a Diode 'D' and there isn't any Dual-Diode shape that i can use!! ... or if i should create it my self!? and how i should assign it to my spice model!?

Regards,

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Here's one way, for any model which doesn't already have a suitable symbol to copy :-
Copy the content of the model file to the clipboard.
Open a blank LTS schematic.
Paste the clipboard contents as a directive into the schematic.
Use 'Label Net' to add as many labelled inputs and outputs as the model uses.
Use 'Hierarchy/Open this sheet's symbol' to let LTS create a symbol having the correct netlist order for the inputs and outputs.
Edit the symbol to make it look as you want with the available move/draw tools.
Use 'Edit/Attributes' to specify the model name (SpiceModel attribute), the model file name including the extension (ModelFile attribute) and set the Prefix attribute to X.
Save the symbol file with the .asy extension in an appropriate sub-folder in the symbol folder of the LTS library (under Documents, if using LTspice XV11 with Win10).

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hello all,
I don't know if i am supposed to ask this kinda questions in this thread but i am going to anyway!

Tried importing a spice model for BAV70 (Dual-diode SOT23 package) after seeing some tutorials, all of them use a a generic component that represents the symbol of the SPICE model (from database) in this case a Diode 'D' and there isn't any Dual-Diode shape that i can use!! ... or if i should create it my self!? and how i should assign it to my spice model!?

Regards,
Hello,

You are correct that no Dual diode symbol exists in LTspice, so you will have to make one.
You can use the standard diode symbol, with some modification, to create a dual diode symbol.
I've done that for you and am providing the files. You can study them. Alex_T has provided some guidance.

Files attached.
The zip file contains all the files i used.
There are two different test files:
1. A test file used for the hierarchal block version of part.
2. A test file used for the finished subcircuit of the part.

You should test the part before use to be sure it works.
See test sim below

1603400608774.png

Attachments

Younes Thabet

Joined Jan 9, 2019
Hello,

You are correct that no Dual diode symbol exists in LTspice, so you will have to make one.
You can use the standard diode symbol, with some modification, to create a dual diode symbol.
I've done that for you and am providing the files. You can study them. Alex_T has provided some guidance.

Files attached.
The zip file contains all the files i used.
There are two different test files:
1. A test file used for the hierarchal block version of part.
2. A test file used for the finished subcircuit of the part.

You should test the part before use to be sure it works.
See test sim below

View attachment 220348
thank you very much for your effort..