How to Flash two 240 volt bulbs alternatively

jmarshal84

Joined Sep 28, 2016
Hi all,
I'm very new to electronics,
i want to flash two 240 volt bulbs alternatively , how to do this can any one help me to build a circuit for this.

Best Regards
Marshal

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
i want to flash two 240 volt bulbs alternatively , how to do this can any one help me to build a circuit for this
Your requirements are a bit vague. A SPDT switch could do it but, since you're asking for a circuit, your requirements must be more complicated.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC.
In order to avoid playing the game of 101 Questions and Answers, you do need to be more up front about what you are doing.

What is the power rating of the light bulbs? We are to assume these are 240VAC bulbs?
What is the duration that one bulb will be lit before alternating to the other bulb?
Why are you doing this?

jmarshal84

Joined Sep 28, 2016
Welcome to AAC!
Your requirements are a bit vague. A SPDT switch could do it but, since you're asking for a circuit, your requirements must be more complicated.
Hi
Thank u for ur reply
My requirement is very simple like flashing two led bulbs using 555 timer ic, instead of led I want to use 240 volt bulbs

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Probably the easiest way while still being safe is to directly drive a pair of solid state relays from the 555.
Depending on how frequently and length of time you want the lights to flash a mechanical relay may not have adequate reliability.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Still playing 20 questions. I would say that I have seen relays rated at 100,000 operations and higher, but we have no information on how many alternations per minute or whether this will be a 5 minute display or a permanent installation.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Still playing 20 questions. I would say that I have seen relays rated at 100,000 operations and higher, but we have no information on how many alternations per minute or whether this will be a 5 minute display or a permanent installation.
Or one part of a bigger project.

"... and I want them to flash alternately every time my girlfriend pops out of a giant cake at half-time..."