How to drive this motor by Arduino

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
So now we are back to driving the motor, but no clue as to the purpose. So what would be driven by such a motor? The best control scheme is highly dependent on the selected application.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Motors are seldom the part that fails in a machine, unless they fail completely. Mostly it is mechanical stuff or changes that should not have been made. Sometimes it is mechanical part wear or else corrosion.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
So now we are back to driving the motor, but no clue as to the purpose. So what would be driven by such a motor? The best control scheme is highly dependent on the selected application.
[B][USER=212212]MaxHeadRoom[/USER] [/B] said:
Can you post any info/photo etc, on the machine and exactly what the function of the motor is?
Max.
Thanks.
I would say the original topic question is solved and I can use the motor now.

The extended content about the driving the motor comes up from the tach attached at the back of the motor. I can upload more pictures about the machine, it is hard to find more Video and info. online like other machines.
Here is a link of the machine:
http://www.giangarloscientific.com/lifescience/rcm3660.html

I have contact the supply and got no be able to supply manual.
I disassembled two sensors as picture attached, no much info. on it, need help on what kind or name of them please:
post31.JPG The left side is a sensor, right side is just the emission of sensor.

Some more pictures of the machine that works like Robot Coverslipper :
POST32.JPG

Last edited:

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
One is a Slot-Opto detector, the other appears to be a proximity sensor.
Any part No's?
Max.
Thanks again.
Should I open a new topic?
Question is how to use the GP1S51 Slot-Opto detector? why the datasheet say input 'Reverse Voltage' = 6V? can wire 6V to pin 1/2? need a PWM single to drive it?
Best

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
So now is this discussion about how to run the motor or is it about how to repair the machine, or is it about how to use parts from the machine for other purposes? Or is the topic now about something else??? It seems that somehow I have missed a bit, even going back over the posts.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Because the Maximum Reverse Voltage the emitter portion can handle is 6 volts before breakdown. You want a forward voltage of about maybe 1.2 to 2.0 volts and a forward current of 20 mA. Thus you use a series resistor for the emitter side and a open collector pull up on the output side of maybe 10K ohms. I can't find a good V forward for that part number?

Ron

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
So now is this discussion about how to run the motor or is it about how to repair the machine, or is it about how to use parts from the machine for other purposes? Or is the topic now about something else??? It seems that somehow I have missed a bit, even going back over the posts.
Thanks.
The topic was asking how to use the motor, I have got answer. I am asking how to use the GP1S51 Slot-Opto detector now, and I guess this is the farthest I can go, because I don't even know what the machine does and how. I tried to figure it out by running the 4 motors one by one, and got roughly a idea. but the machine missed too many parts to recovery all functions.
Best

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, then it is a machine that you can salvage parts from, not a machine that you need to repair. That makes everything easier.
Using the opto-detector takes both a supply voltage for the light source and a supply voltage for the sensor transistor. Since the current is quite low for this sensor you need an amplifier stage of some kind to have a useful signal, unless you are feeding the signal to your arduino module.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
OK, then it is a machine that you can salvage parts from, not a machine that you need to repair. That makes everything easier.
Using the opto-detector takes both a supply voltage for the light source and a supply voltage for the sensor transistor. Since the current is quite low for this sensor you need an amplifier stage of some kind to have a useful signal, unless you are feeding the signal to your arduino module.
Thanks,
it's clean now, do I need use PWM to drive it?
Best

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Depending on the source for the input diode side, that max current is 50ma, so you would need a current limiting resistor to set a limit something less than this.
The output requires a load resistor, and can be placed in either side, collector or emitter to achieve inversion if needed.
PWM is not a must, any signal that will supply the current, depending on the use intended.
Max.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Depending on the source for the input diode side, that max current is 50ma, so you would need a current limiting resistor to set a limit something less than this.
The output requires a load resistor, and can be placed in either side, collector or emitter to achieve inversion if needed.
PWM is not a must, any signal that will supply the current, depending on the use intended.
Max.
Thanks.
I burnt one already by put 5Vdc to pin1/2.
I'll set a circuit anyway.
I used Arduino UNO and relays to control the all 4 motors Forward and reverse run well. the problem is the Arduino very easy crash, any solution to do Anti-interference? or can a Arduino system be able to used control a machine?
Best

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I do not use Arduino, but Picmicro which is similar, the relays should isolate the Arduino, ensure power supplies are separate.
Ensure BEMF diodes across the relay coil and motor.
Max.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
I do not use Arduino, but Picmicro which is similar, the relays should isolate the Arduino, ensure power supplies are separate.
Ensure BEMF diodes across the relay coil and motor.
Max.
Thanks.
I'll try that.
BTW. the relay is controlled by 5VDC, conduct 110VAC for motors. now I used a dc power supply get 5VDC, should I use a battery?
Best

Last edited: