How to drive LCD with FPGA?

Young2

Joined Dec 7, 2020
How to drive LCD with FPGA?
I would like to know how they are connected and how they communicate.
I learned a little bit of FPGA when I was still in school.
Here I have uploaded the datasheet for the screen as an attachment.

Attachments

FlyingDutch

Joined Mar 16, 2021
Hello,

from datasheet which you attached to post resulted from that four interfaces can be use to comunicate with LCD module:

1) Serial port
2) Ethernet
3) WiFi
4) Bluetooth

The easiets way to comunicate would be Serial port. In each case you have to implement needed comunication protocol (one from four mentioned). The easiest to implement from FPGA side is UART (serial port protocol). You also should to consider to use soft-processor for implementing comunication protocols.

Best Regards

Young2

Joined Dec 7, 2020
My idea is also to communicate through the serial port, I use Arduino Uno also through the serial port, TX-DIN, RX-DOUT

Young2

Joined Dec 7, 2020
I'm just curious, I learned some FPGA knowledge when I was still in school a long timeago.
If you have a Arduino,why are you asking about fpga?
The Arduinohas all the protocols and sketches to runthis display.
I'm just curious, I learned some FPGA knowledge when I was still in school a long timeago.

kaindub

Joined Oct 28, 2019
Generally an FPGA is not the tool to drive displays.
If you learnt about FPGA you would know that they are largely just combinational logic. If you can design a system using just logic gates to drive the display, then you are halfway there.
But it’s easier with the Arduino

fl0m0

Joined Feb 1, 2018
Hi,
back in the days I used a soft CPU (Xilinx PicoBlaze) to interface an LCD with an FPGA (Spartan-3). That did work out quite well although I had to dive into assembly coding.