How to charge three capacitors of one power supply

• Thread starter Deleted member 655424
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 655424

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Hi! I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me figure this one out. I am trying to charge three capacitors by using my county's net alternating current of 230V, after having it go through a diode bridge. I'm trying to achieve this for my multistage (three stages) coilgun project. Each capacitor should be connected to one of the three coils. The firing circuit is all finished, it's just the charging circuit that I found most difficult. I could find these two diagrams online. While the first diagram is just the firing circuit and contains no circuit which shows how to charge each capacitor, it does make clear what I'm trying to achieve. The second diagram, on the other hand, shows me a clear charging circuit. I was wondering though if it is necessary for the diodes to be placed there. And will this divide the input current over the three capacitors? I was also wondering why, when allowing the current of the first capacitor to flow through the first coil, this will not lead to a discharge of the other two capacitors. Thanks in advance!

Moderators note : removed images regarding restricted topics.

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Did you read the User Agreement ?

Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
The Administration and Moderating Team reserves the right to edit your posts, threads, and user information in any way they deem necessary. The Moderators will only do such a thing if there is a reason and such reasons will not be questioned. Reposting content that was removed by The Moderators will result in swift action and a ban.

Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.