how could i do that project

el3ashe2

Joined Aug 31, 2015
hello
i have 2 devices i need one of this devices follow the other one where it is going to stay close around 2 Meters
and if its far away its send coordinates where it is throw GPS service

any help from where i can start?

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Getting 2m resolution indoors with GPS is not likely, i.e. using 2 GPSs and subtracting the coordinates.

If you just need to measure a distance of ~2m between two objects, use ultrasound. Measure time-of-flight. Make the slave a transponder, so that the distance between master and slave is derived from the time-of-flight in both directions (plus a fixed delay before the transponder replies).

el3ashe2

Joined Aug 31, 2015
first thank you for your reply
about first point i want to use GPS if the distance is too far for both of them to find each other but if they are in same range the slave have to follow the leader always

if you could let me know if there is reference to build circuit do that

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
first thank you for your reply
about first point i want to use GPS if the distance is too far for both of them to find each other but if they are in same range the slave have to follow the leader always

if you could let me know if there is reference to build circuit do that

What is your background and experience in electronics? Based on the question, I am assuming it is low. In other words, you don't yet know how much you don't know. You are asking to do something that is very difficult.

GPS receivers w/ antennas at 2M resolution
GPS to microcontroller communication (
Wireless communication between devices (undetermined amount of data, data communication protocol, communication rate, ...)
Onboard calculations of x/y/z deltas
Onboard calculations of x/y/z adjustments to position (distance, acceleration, deceleration, error, rate of change in error, ...)
Power to all units
Interference and datacomm quality / error handling

Unless you are aware of all plug-and-play modules, then go for it. If you are building/programming yourself, then let us know where you stand with skill level so we can adjust our comments as needed.

el3ashe2

Joined Aug 31, 2015
What is your background and experience in electronics? Based on the question, I am assuming it is low. In other words, you don't yet know how much you don't know. You are asking to do something that is very difficult.

GPS receivers w/ antennas at 2M resolution
GPS to microcontroller communication (
Wireless communication between devices (undetermined amount of data, data communication protocol, communication rate, ...)
Onboard calculations of x/y/z deltas
Onboard calculations of x/y/z adjustments to position (distance, acceleration, deceleration, error, rate of change in error, ...)
Power to all units
Interference and datacomm quality / error handling

Unless you are aware of all plug-and-play modules, then go for it. If you are building/programming yourself, then let us know where you stand with skill level so we can adjust our comments as needed.
you are exactly correct
i don't have experience in that field so that i was asking about it .
may be I'm expert in other fields like computer hardware and networking 2.4 and 5.8Ghz and software development programing also and Android OS

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
In terms of your design, what have you got so far?

If you really don't know where to start and you have nothing then this is not for you because you are essentially asking how to do everything i.e. initial concept and specification, problem solving, mechanical hardware design, electronic hardware design, software design, hardware construction, prototyping, troubleshooting etc, etc......

el3ashe2

Joined Aug 31, 2015
In terms of your design, what have you got so far?

If you really don't know where to start and you have nothing then this is not for you because you are essentially asking how to do everything i.e. initial concept and specification, problem solving, mechanical hardware design, electronic hardware design, software design, hardware construction, prototyping, troubleshooting etc, etc......
No in fact i can make it fly also i can control it very good i think i have good experience in that also i decide to add small computer running with Linux i can work perfect on Linux also so
refer to my original post i dont know how to make slave follow the main this is my problem that i dont know about but capture and application on mobile phone or at computer is not hard for me as the follower slave

thanks for help
if the slave and man boards are already in market for sell please tell me also

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
i found something like i want to made but its expensive around 1k USD
And how much time do you think you will spend developing this on your own.. WAY... more then $1k USD worth..

Check out the airdog and its airleash
https://www.airdog.com/

I suspect multiple GPS units (one in quadcopter and one in wrist leash)/gyroscopes/magnetic compass,etc...

Also soloshot camera..

el3ashe2

Joined Aug 31, 2015
i understand your point exactly you should spend much money on model and demo
but commercial should be cheaper and you get what you spent at long term

i think i can make without computer for around 100$ and with computer around 300$ only and control with watch in hand works with android OS

I'm trying any way

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
i found something like i want to made but its expensive around 1k USD

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...selfie-snapping-drone-assistant/#.VeSC-K22pXw

but its not the same project but its too close

Regards
Another vapor-ware product.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/13/lily_robotics_faces_lawsuit_for_false_advertising/
Lily Robotics says its decision on Thursday to shut down and return pre-order payments for a never-delivered drone, which came on the same day that San Francisco District Attorney George Gascón charged the company with false advertising and misleading business practices, was purely coincidental.
The complaint against Lily, obtained by The Register, alleges that the company knowingly misled customers by creating a promotional video that purported to show video footage captured with a Lily drone prototype.

"In fact, none of the video in the Promotional Video was shot by a Lily Camera," the complaint says. "Most notably, the POV footage used in the promotional video was filmed using a professional camera drone called the DJI Inspire."

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
hello
i have 2 devices i need one of this devices follow the other one where it is going to stay close around 2 Meters
and if its far away its send coordinates where it is throw GPS service

any help from where i can start?
Pay the $1K. This would be a challenging project for an experienced engineer. You could spend big dollars and get nowhere after many months of work. If you can buy a solution, do it.
You can't compare GPS positions unless you have a communications link between the master and the slave. If you have a communications link move the slave in the direction of the strongest signal.
How fast are these devices moving?
Flying, floating or rolling?
Ah, drones playing Follow The Leader?

Last edited:

ClassOfZero

Joined Dec 28, 2016
A suitable length of this

Through experimentation select the correct selection of these

On the other hand one could think of the final outcome and through experimentation, trial & error and a couple of prototypes select the combination of technologies that works best in your situation.