How Can I Add Text To Photos?

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
I've taken several photos with my phone and saved them to a USB file on my desk top computer.

I've copied the photos to a Word document and there's a way to add a text box and type in the box. I believe text also can be added photos that are directly saved as a PDF. However, here's the problem: I cannot personally save any of my photos or other images directly to a PDF.

Any advice is welcome.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Many ways to do this.
You can use PowerPoint.

You can also use Word.
Insert the photo in a Word document.
Type your text and format as you wish.
Right-click on the photo>Order>Send Behind Text
Then you can print it to PDF.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Another way is to take the image file (jpg, png, whatever) and open it in an application such as Paint or Gimp. Then add your text (and do whatever else you want to do to it) and then save it.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You can install the Microsoft PDF printer. Then the power point slides could be printed three to a page or even one to a page.

If you want to use a paint program to embed the text on the file, there are plenty of free ones out there. I like paint.net

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
PDF995 is a freeware program that installs as a print driver allowing the creation of PDFs from any and all programs thru the print menu.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
If you want to use a paint program to embed the text on the file, there are plenty of free ones out there. I like paint.net
Any drawing program can also handle this easily and will be easier than Word for adjusting scale, position and so on. The original image will be unaffected (unlike a painting program).

Any app on a Mac can save to a PDF since it's part of the system. As noted in the other answers, it sounds like it's not hard to get this functionality anymore in Windows either.