high frequency transformer design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kundan466966

Joined Oct 21, 2016
hello
may some one help me for how to design a high frequency transformer(ferrite core)
what is the parameter for design a HFT.
how to define a core material, structure type(like EE, EI, O, CC,Etc.), core size, air gap between the core, and bobbin size
how to find the no. of primary and secondary winding turn and wire gauge

if any one of have the formula's about it
please share ......

thank you

kundan466966

Joined Oct 21, 2016
hello
why we use polyester insulation tape between primary and secondary coil and above the ferrite core
and how many turn use on it

kundan466966

Joined Oct 21, 2016
sir
how to calculate wire diameter for high frequency transformer and ferrite core inductor?

and how to define ferrite core inductor ?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
why we use polyester insulation tape between primary and secondary coil and above the ferrite core
and how many turn use on it
The insulation on magnet wire is very thin. UL, VDE, CSA (etc.) say that insulation is nothing. It is good to insulate turn1 from turn 2 which might be only a couple of volts. If you have 100 turns in four layers of 25, I add one layer of tape between each layer. It is not mandatory but I find it winds better and the transformer works at a higher frequency. In a power line supply I may have 500 volts from one end of the winding to the other and it is possible for the start of the winding and the wire at the end of the winding to touch. I know the wire maker says that is OK but I find it is questionable.

From Primary to Secondary , there must be 3 layers of tape. Unless you are using "triple insulated" wire. You must be certain that the Primary and Secondary wires will not touch. Some people use sleaving on the wires as they enter the transformer. In the picture below we are using margin tape to keep the P. away from the S. wire. When a winding is made it is very possible for a wire, at the edge of the transformer, to fall down to a winding below. That is not too bad for S to S windings but it must not happen for P to S windings.
1672924523599.png
If you make a product to be sold, safety tests must be preformed. If the P to S spacing is not good enough the supply will fail.
We all assume that your power supply will not fail and connect the power line to your headphone amplifier. "Don't kill the consumer, they have money to spend."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.