Help understanding treadmill board- ZHKQSI CP2 PCB

KingAether

Joined Jan 29, 2020
Hello,
sorry if this is the wrong place, new to the forum and clueless when it comes to electronics to be honest. Recently took the motor and board out of a treadmill but due to the construction and welds on the frame i had to cut the cable from the power switch to the plug to get it out. I tried to solder it back up but with no luck so i'm looking to try and understand the pcb better while i wait for a friend to come and redo the soldering at the weekend
I unplugged the incline motor from UP/DOWN/COM on the left hand side, im wondering what the VL and VH plugs likely do, maybe power to the monitor and the LED'S? If i want to use the motor and the monitor for speed control is everything currently there needed in there?
Thank you in advance for any help
Treadmill-circuit-board-lower-control-board-ZH-KQSI-002-for-BH-F10-G6521-treadmill-compatible-...jpg83422788_1777378022398125_3666139403320819712_n.jpg

KingAether

Joined Jan 29, 2020
Did you plug it in to see if the motor worked before disassembly?
I did, it does.. I have managed to figure out removing everything from between the motor and the switch and plugged it in. It did work, stopped after a second so i switched it off but hopefully it still works, it has no indication of AC or DC and i have no way to tell so i think that was the problem. Ill buy a bridge rectifier and try that.

twohats

Joined Oct 28, 2015
Hi, Looks like the small electrolytic capacitor has leaked. (Bottom left of centre). It requires replacing and the board cleaning around the four diodes and capacitor.
Good luck..

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Hi, Looks like the small electrolytic capacitor has leaked. (Bottom left of centre). It requires replacing and the board cleaning around the four diodes and capacitor.
Good luck..
On many of these boards, the vertical electrolytic's often have some kind of silicone adhesive to the bottom when mounted.
As can be seen on the larger ones.
Max.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
I did notice the red adhesive on the nuts securing the standoffs on the corner of the PCB are untouched which is normally a good thing considering all the vibration. because it did initially work I would look underneath the PBC for any foreign debris that may have accumulated during transportation or disassembly.

KingAether

Joined Jan 29, 2020
Thanks for the tips. No luck with it yet, anyone have any idea if i can just get the next free treadmill that pops up and steal the controller for my motor ?

KingAether

Joined Jan 29, 2020
ok, i've managed to test the motor with a drill battery and that works fine so its something wrong with the controller. If i can't just use any old treadmill control with any old treadmill motor i will need to try and fix this one as money is tight. Here's a closer image of the board, anything look wrong?
84667463_169157314391122_8804005743536635904_n.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Just a thought, are you testing this board off the M/C?
If so how are you controlling the speed, or is the console still connected?
Max.

KingAether

Joined Jan 29, 2020
Yeah, from the mains, and i have the monitor with the buttons and console but the board it isn't getting any power through it to the monitor nor the motor so no controlling the speed unfortunately. Thats what im trying to workout

KingAether

Joined Jan 29, 2020
I switch it on and get nothing at all, obviously dead but hoping it might just be an easily replaceable part or two as i cannot afford to replace

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So do you have a VOM (meter)?
If so check the points on the board where power comes in and also any obvious DC voltage points such as the bridge rectifier seen on the heat sink .
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have never come across that particular board, without the schematic, it is just a question of some reverse engineering and testing of obvious points, power, etc.
Max.