help !. Switching- algebra theorem

wajeh

Joined Oct 22, 2011
(x+y).(x'+z).(y+z)=(x+y).(x'+z)
how can we prove this theorem. I'll be thankful if u could help me out!

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Why don't you make all of the multiplications and come up with a sum of products on both sides. Then you will be able to compare the terms on both sides.

tgotwalt1158

Joined Feb 28, 2011
Try to divide both sides by a term which is common on both sides. This will give uncommon term equal to 1, hence the equation will be proved to be true.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Try to divide both sides by a term which is common on both sides. This will give uncommon term equal to 1, hence the equation will be proved to be true.
I 'm pretty sure that this method isn't valid in Boolean algebra. Can you post a source that says otherwise?

tgotwalt1158

Joined Feb 28, 2011
I 'm pretty sure that this method isn't valid in Boolean algebra. Can you post a source that says otherwise?
Sorry I had a glance on equation only did not see the title, was a bit in hurry and thought it as a regular algebraic equation. Could I attempt direct solution in boolean here or only the hint is allowed in home work help. Plz explain!

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
So far the OP hasn't posted any work. I wouldn't recommend posting a solution so early, he hasn't done anything to earn it.

Post a hint if you want, but wait a week or so before posting the whole solution. I 'd hate to see the question unanswered :D