help, required with12v motor 4 motors

91five0

Joined Jan 19, 2021
I have a small 12v motor 4 motors total each on identical set ups only the first one wired they are less than 1amp. its wired from a main power, to a pwm, to an individual power switch for the motor selected to a DPDT switch to switch direction. when the DPDT is wired power and ground input on the middle two post, no movement of motor. moving the power and ground to the top and bottom posts, I can make it turn cw and ccw in the off position, switching the switch the either side blows the fuse in them pwm. .

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
It would be helpful to give a title that better states the nature of the thread rather than just "help".
Also post a circuit diagram.

91five0

Joined Jan 19, 2021
It would be helpful to give a title that better states the nature of the thread rather than just "help".
Also post a circuit diagram.
I could post a cuircit diagram of I knew how or anything about that stuff. I know how to run wires that's about my knowledge

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
If you switch the direction of the motors while they are running, they will act like a short circuit across the supply until they gain speed in the reverse direction. That is why the fuse is blowing.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
In addition to the reason given in post #4, it may be that the switching is producing a momentary short circuit as it is changing. AND reversing a motor like that is always a poor choice.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Just think of driving down the road and slamming your car into reverse! A good way to break something.
Similar thing.