Help Repair Baby Swing Circuit

Martin Velez

Joined Feb 27, 2018
Hello,

I have a baby swing with a 6v dc adapter. On returning from a trip, I accidentally used a 12v dc adapter that belong to a baby wipe warmer. The led lights would blink but the swing would not power on. After I realized the error, I used the right adapter and now the swing lights won't even turn on. I assume that the higher voltage damaged something on the control board.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Can you help me figure out what is wrong and how to repair it?IMG_3430.jpg IMG_3433.jpg

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
It's quite likely that one or more of the semiconductors has fried. If it's one hiding under either of those circular black blobs then the chances of fixing the board is, unfortunately, zero.

You could try the Ptc ( top right corner) and see if its open circuit , otherwise i would bin it...
I made the same mistake and the PTC is in Short circuit. I don`t have a PTC to replace it, can I bypass it? Is there a way to check out the rest of the circuit to know if it is worth it to try to find a replacement?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
This is a very old thread and has the potential to be locked. Why do you ask this information?
Maybe because he has a BMW with a circuit board that is also green so he thought it was close enough to have the same problem. Either that or he also has a baby swing that needs to be repaired and he cannot read the numbers on the chip on his circuitboard.
I think closing this thread would be a disservice to the new member because the OP of this thread is the only one who can help him - putting his post in a new thread kills all hope of an answer to his question.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Normally, the new post would be deleted outright.

I am being courteous to the new member by inquiring if the new member is trying to be helpful or is seeking information for their own problem. In either case, this is a dead end and the thread will be locked.