HELP PLEASE, amplification or conversion ?

PRASS

Joined Feb 22, 2018
Hi there all,
I have a 3.6 V dc motor(s) running off it's own controller. . . .

I need to use the same controller to run 12 V motor(s). I can do this either by amplifying the 3.6 V up to 12 V but have not found a way to control motor speed if I did so. To change the speed I would need a constant 12 V & would need to make the current variable.

I don't know how to change the current of a 12 V motor using a 3.6 V source. . . . . ?

The other option is to use a electronic speed control, like used in RC vehicles etc.
Then I would need to convert the 3.6 V DC & it's variable current into a PWM (pulse width modulation) signal which again I don't know how.

Please anyone of knowledge inform me. I will be eternally grateful.

Kind regards Christopher.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Not enough information given. What controller are you talking about? A link so we can see. If your meaning a 12V motor powered by 3.6V, don't think you will be successful.

PRASS

Joined Feb 22, 2018
Not enough information given. What controller are you talking about? A link so we can see. If your meaning a 12V motor powered by 3.6V, don't think you will be successful.

I'm using a small drone's motor output.
I need to turn the DC output into a PWM signal to run a ESC. . . . . I need current control, NOT a voltage control.