Help on resistor type

Dan121

Joined Dec 12, 2020
Hi I have what looks to be a blown resistor in one of our blenders.
I had a look online and calculated the resistor to be 49 ohms but I am unable to find any new ones to buy.
I have attached a picture in case my calculation is wrong so please feel free to correct me.
If any other resistors will work in place of this one please do let me know too.
Thank you. E5E2DC90-10D5-4696-9758-7038124817A3.jpeg3D3C2FF1-F4DE-4E38-BFDB-93ED6E20D74B.jpeg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looks like Green, White , burned out , so it's 59?? 5%
The third colour could be Silver so it may be 0.59 Ohms

Have you measured it?

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
It certainly looks like yellow-white-black-brown now, but you need to know what colour it was BEFORE it burned!
49 isn't a standard value. Do you trust the white band, in which case the first band could have been orange and it is 39?
I see a common mode choke, a class-X capacitor, a varistor, two other small inductors and two capacitors, and the words AC(IN) so this looks like the mains input to a small switched-mode power supply. So the resistor is a fusible resistor on the input.
It probably failed because something in the power supply failed, so replacing it is not likely to fix the problem.

arcox

Joined Aug 29, 2017
It certainly looks like yellow-white-black-brown now, but you need to know what colour it was BEFORE it burned!
49 isn't a standard value. Do you trust the white band, in which case the first band could have been orange and it is 39?
I see a common mode choke, a class-X capacitor, a varistor, two other small inductors and two capacitors, and the words AC(IN) so this looks like the mains input to a small switched-mode power supply. So the resistor is a fusible resistor on the input.
It probably failed because something in the power supply failed, so replacing it is not likely to fix the problem.
I thinks that it is either 39 or 390 ohms. But, as has been said, something fried it, and you must find out what and deal with that first.