help me please???

creepysleep

Joined Jul 9, 2006
1. most ammeter's binding post are made of heavy, bare metal whereas voltmeter terminals are usually lighter and well insulated. explain why this is desirable??

2. an ammeter and voltmeter of suitable ranges are to be used to measure the current and voltage of an electric lamp. if a mistake was made and the meters were interchanged, what will happen??

3. some types of fuses used to protect electric meters have resistances of several ohms. is this objectionable (a) in ammeter circuits and (b) in voltmeter circuits? why??

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Greetings creepysleep,

Perhaps it would be more beneficial to you if you would develop and then post your answers to the homework questions. Once you have posted your answers then other members of the AAC forum could then identify and correct any flaws in your logic.

Most of the AAC members have already encountered these questions during their education so don't worry about making mistakes in your attempts to answer them. We have all been there.

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
As per my answer from another thread. Try:

DC Metering Circuits

And

AC Metering Circuits

I would suggest you have a look around the above sections of the on-line textbook. Use the search facility on the homepage to help you and post back any further questions and answer you may have. You are unlikely to get an answer from the forum members here if you don't at least attempt them yourself.

Dave

asilva

Joined Jul 8, 2006
a few ohms isnt a big deal, you should really polish up on your metering tools, google it, and testing things yourself will certainly help you out also. Try getting a few fuses and testing them, see if they are good? my best advice is to google it you will definately get you answers easily. In any industry as I have learned, if you want to be proficcient at anything you must be motivated and resourceful.