Help me identify SMD component

Discussion in 'Analog & Mixed-Signal Design' started by nbarrocu@gmail, Sep 15, 2016.

  1. nbarrocu@gmail

    Thread Starter New Member

    Sep 15, 2016
    Hello all,

    My first posting here. Can anybody help me identifying an SMD component that has no markings on it?

    I uploaded two pictures of the same area of two identical boards. They are of a lithium battery pack.
    In one a component burned out, and the same component can be seen on the good board. It's the area around the charging plug, I suspect some over voltage or polarity inversion made the damage.
    Regardless the resson, is there any way to identify the burned out component by looking at the good picture? I tried to measure the resistance with a multimeter and I measured 0 ohm in both directions, so I don't think it's a diode. Perhaps a non polarized capacitor? Or a fuse, are there such things in SMD?
  2. R!f@@

    AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 2, 2009
    Welcome to AAC
    It is a surface mount inductor.
    Cannot tell the inductance.
    But you can use an inductance meter to test the good one after desoldering it

    PS. It's not a good idea to use ur email as a username
  3. KL7AJ

    AAC Fanatic!

    Nov 4, 2008
    It's safer to say it WAS a surface mount inductor.:)
  4. ian field

    AAC Fanatic!

    Oct 27, 2012
    You probably also need the past tense for the 2 semiconductor parts its between..........................