Originally posted by leefain@Jan 26 2005, 11:46 AM
Hello everyone, I need some help. I touched the hotwire; 8gage wire from my battery, to a screw on the outside of my car amp. Now, when I go to turn the car on the light on the amp; the one that indicates power is going to it, doesnt light up, thus the amp isnt working.
Does anyone have possible solutions to get this fixed? Thanks!
i will assume the wire from the battery towards a screw on the outside of your car amp is connected to the negative post of your battery. hence that will be your amp ground. another assumption is you have not seen any smoke coming from your amp.
check your fuse, if it's good then the problem lies in your amp. it probably has an internal supply problem.