Help identifying component

Drewpicker

Joined Jun 7, 2020
Hi does anyone know what this is ... it has 2 legs and a gold pin on the side ... its marked 9DA and has contact between the two legs and the outer leg and the gold pin ... it was added to the pcb of an ibanez amp with the two legs being used ? ... thanks for any help with this 20200708_153941.jpg20200708_154216.jpg20200708_154235.jpg

Drewpicker

Joined Jun 7, 2020
Thanks for cropping the photos dl324 ...It's an ibz20 ... this component is on the soldered side of the PCB ... I dont know if its original as I haven't been able to find a schematic for this amp ... if anyone has one that'd be a great help as I'm trying to get it working again ....

peterdeco

Joined Oct 8, 2019
I just looked at a schematic for an Ibanez amp. It was in horrible shape. Reading part numbers was impossible. However, there was a little rectangular box in the middle labeled "reverb module." That might be what it is. I also saw a few links to their website and couldn't navigate it. There are a lot of websites advertising repair parts. That might be your best route.

Drewpicker

Joined Jun 7, 2020
The amp has a spring reverb ... this piece is tiny ... about a quarter of a thumbnail ... I would guess that it's some kind of transistor or relay ... the amp is late 70's early 80s

Attachments

Drewpicker

Joined Jun 7, 2020
Thanks for the help with this ... it could be maybe one of those with just two of the pins being used ... as I mentioned it's on the solder side of the pcb7 ... its 40 years old the amp ... it appears to go from a resistor to the base of a d600k resistor....

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The upper portion looks like there was hole for a hold-down screw to a heatsink? Before it was broken off... Or, where the 3rd pin of a SOT-23 was broken off?

Drewpicker

Joined Jun 7, 2020
Thanks for your help Sam ...I agree with the top of it being for a heatsink and broken off ... I think its third pin is the gold one ... this one appears to be intact and not to be connectable ... I get a reading with the dmm from that one to one of the legs ...and a reading across the two legs ... they are both broken off ... I could still try to solder wires onto these legs if I can't find out what part it is but I think that might prove tricky ...

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I'd put my bet on the PNP since it is 3 pin... The other possibility was the voltage regulator 5 pin which doesn't fit what you have. Put some legs on it and see, it may not be "broken" inside. Good Luck!