Help identifying a component

Joël Huser

Joined Jun 30, 2019
Are you really sure that your component belongs to the power supply ??? Because if this component is an IR receiver and demodulator, it should be visible by and in the field of a IR transmitter.

The power supply of the component is probably 5 [VDC].

I would say that it is probably an intelligent component with VCC, GND and SIG which is Signal Output.

If the SIG pin is digital, it's either a binary OD (= Open Drain) output, either a binary 0/5 [VDC] output, either a digital serial protocol like ZACWire, or a simple serial frame decoded from a modulated source.

If the SIG pin is analog, the pin is probably a variable voltage signal.

The component itself looks like a IR receiver, so probably no need to test it with the diode check mode of your multimeter. But it could be also a luxmeter.... WE KNOW already that it seems to be absolutely an optical component.

I've used the phototransistor TSOP41 as attached. 3 pins also.

Would you have a picture of the "power supply" you mention ?

Joël

Attachments

maurouhle

Joined Dec 30, 2016
Looks like a photo transistor or diode..

Op550A type,,
Mouser No:
828-OP550A

View attachment 180803
Are you really sure that your component belongs to the power supply ??? Because if this component is an IR receiver and demodulator, it should be visible by and in the field of a IR transmitter.

The power supply of the component is probably 5 [VDC].

I would say that it is probably an intelligent component with VCC, GND and SIG which is Signal Output.

If the SIG pin is digital, it's either a binary OD (= Open Drain) output, either a binary 0/5 [VDC] output, either a digital serial protocol like ZACWire, or a simple serial frame decoded from a modulated source.

If the SIG pin is analog, the pin is probably a variable voltage signal.

The component itself looks like a IR receiver, so probably no need to test it with the diode check mode of your multimeter. But it could be also a luxmeter.... WE KNOW already that it seems to be absolutely an optical component.

I've used the phototransistor TSOP41 as attached. 3 pins also.

Would you have a picture of the "power supply" you mention ?

Joël
Thank you for all the information. This garage door opener was working fine I just got a new one. I was disassembling the parts for fun and to have spares. The remotes were RF and I have the receiver still assembled. I don't remember the opener having need for an optical sensor. All motor end functions were controlled by switches. On the same board there was a TMP03 device which is a serial output so, your presumption of another serial device my be correct.