Help Identify IC's

Capt. Rob

Joined Mar 22, 2015
I have an autopilot project and need your help in identifying the two IC’s and who the manufactures are, in order to find a data-sheet on their usage! Any information would be helpful. Thanks, Rob :eek:chip1.jpg Chip2.jpg

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Is the autopilot from an airplane? I presume it is and agree on the answers. I suspect that autopilot is >10 years old, probably >30 years old. Is this repair being made by a certified avionics repair station?

John

Capt. Rob

Joined Mar 22, 2015
airplane? I presume it is and agree on the answers. I suspect that autopilot is >10 years old, probably >30 years old. Is this repair being made by a certified avionics repair station?

John
It is going to be used with the autopilot from my boat. I will post my progress as time goes on! Currently I have gathered up a step-servo motor, fluxgate and processor. I'm guessing around 1989 for the date. Thank You All for your input here! Rob ;)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
It is going to be used with the autopilot from my boat. I will post my progress as time goes on! Currently I have gathered up a step-servo motor, fluxgate and processor. I'm guessing around 1989 for the date. Thank You All for your input here! Rob ;)
Now I can sleep at night. ;)

Sounds like a neat application. Here is an application note from Microchip you might find interesting: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00996a.pdf

John

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is going to be used with the autopilot from my boat. I will post my progress as time goes on! Currently I have gathered up a step-servo motor,
Interestingly the PID method of servo control originated in designing auto pilot for a boat, this was done by studying the Helmsman and details on how the corrections were made manually to formulate the PID loop we know.
Max.

Capt. Rob

Joined Mar 22, 2015
Interestingly the PID method of servo control originated in designing auto pilot for a boat, this was done by studying the Helmsman and details on how the corrections were made manually to formulate the PID loop we know.
Max.
Thanks for the info Max! This is true! Being that I was in the control industry myself for 20 some odd years, I perfectly understand your thinking! Corrective actions are easy to manage, however, the reactions of PID loop must be adjusted during the timing oddly to a constant changing set point. ie. the vessels GPS or navigational system. Not trying to reinvent the wheel but to better understand Motion control with Longitude and Latitude having an effect on reaction timing of a PID loop. Thanks again for you share of knowledge. Regards, Rob