Hello, from Portugal im trying to bring back to life a treadmill that have a scorpion bc1069 board but need help

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
Treadmill pioneer BH Fitness G643/g644 input 220v motor permanent magnet 180v

Hello, the treadmill just stars a little fast for normal speed and then the thermal fuse just reset ( i put a circuit breaker 5A between red wire from board to motor so i just reset and not burn the fuse or the board, i check the motor everything is okay i did this test.
12v test run slow but without any problem noise or smoke.
open motor cleans everything check ohms in all 180º lines and all have some ohms, no shorts to ground and brushers are okay.

in board i test gbj2506 Multimer give an informative read negative for one side positive for other. diodes are okay.
test the 2 irfp450 and test was okay only have some value from pin 3 to 2 i think and only in one direction. diode inside mosfet.
some test with fep30jp and diodes are okay too.
test capacitator 470uf 400v and okay. multi in diode setting and read value and then loop read. volts from multi in diode setting and 3v and discard slower.
i go to store and buy a new 470uf 400vw capacitador and a new gbj2506 they give me one rs3506m they sai is equivalent to 2506 bright rectifier.
so, i replace the parts stars the treadmill motor stars more faster than before and blow fuse of the house.
i retest and one of the irfp450 is burn so i put again the gbj2506 since that was okay and remove the mosfet burn the treadmill have power in upper board but no motor power. that's normal because there is no mosfet in place. it was only to see if the board was totally burn but no i get lucky.
the board is a scorpion BC-1069 i can't find any info in net only some guy sell a working unit.
i think the best is to replace 2 irfp450 and see or change the fep30jp too and see the result.
but strange is with old parts never blow mosfet the 5A circuit break just disconnect after a 1- or 2-minutes new diode bridge and capacitator and voila smoke and fuse blow. the reset didn't reset, the fuse of the board doesn't blow just blow the fuse of the house. i think gbj2506 is not compatible to rs3506m and that's why irfp450 blow. or the new capacitator make the mosfet blow?

where can i find schematics for this board?

this is my first treadmill repair but i already repair others stuffs cars computers motors speakers tv radios etc etc etc but this is not my profession this is my lobby.

and sorry about my bad English but is not my native language.
i try to explain the best i can if need more info just ask thanks, any help is appreciated thanks

Last edited:

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
2 things I forget to tell in first time before any try of repair with motor connect the stop don’t stop the motor and emergency stop the motor continue to run until circuit breaker reset. I disconnect the motor and replace with a 220v halogéneo bulb in place of the motor and the star and stop work normal bulb light up and bulb turn off and emergency stop work too. So only with motor the board have faulty but motor is good I can’t see why this happen and with motor on the stop don’t stop and emergency stop turn off upper control panel but motor continue to run make me crazy

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
Can someone help me in understand why with motor connect the emergency stop or safety switch, Turn off the upper console but not the motor? the control motor board still have green led turn on with or without the motor connect if i use the emergency stop. the diferences is with bulb the light go off with load of the motor is continue to run .
Or is better just send to trash this pwm control board and make a new setup with 10 KW 220Vac - SCR dimming thermostat and a bridged rectifier and use a pot to speed up and slow down the motor. i don't trust in china universal Kit for treadmill but if someone can point me to a brand not to expensive of a universal kit i appreciate the help.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The problem with the more obscure TM models, there is a lack of schematics and reverse engineered versions, for many types, the main processing is done in the console, in some cases, the motor board has a processor also.

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
The problem with the more obscure TM models, there is a lack of schematics and reverse engineered versions, for many types, the main processing is done in the console, in some cases, the motor board has a processor also.
Thanks for your reply and you are right schematics and info hard to find I need to understand the issue why motor continue to run since I remove security key is crazy strange. I will replace irfp450 2 mosfet and the fast diode fep30jp but if you know tell me if I can just buy irfp450 or need to be the some number that are in second line aiR434L ? I will post the result. Do you know another test that see if motor are bad? ohms and diode settings is okay but how to know if magnetic have strong enough ? A big big thanks

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Usually a simple test to find out if the motor has issues is to test it on a automotive battery.
It should run smoothly without any high current issues.

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
Usually a simple test to find out if the motor has issues is to test it on a automotive battery.
It should run smoothly without any high current issues.
that was one of the tests i made with 12v transformer DC is strong enough not a normal transformer of 1 A is a good power supply weaker then a auto battery but doesn't get hot just runs incredibly good. no noises, slow but constant and with torque. run for about 3 or 4 minutes with no problems. the others test was look for loop or short between coils and shorts to ground between coils 2.4Ohm in all 2.3 then 2.4 and stay in that value in multimeter so i think the motor is good no sparks at 12v nothing of anormal. the only test i don't know how to do is see if permanent magnet still have the correct strong because they have strong to pull the armature to center of magnets.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You can back feed it (rotate it with another source, motor e.g.) at the rated RPM, the motor should produce the rated DC voltage.
Or any pro-rated speed of the plate voltage.

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
i will replace FEP30JP and the 2 IRFP450 and try with the old GBJ2506 because i think the rs3506m is not equivalent. and the new 470uf 400v capacitator. and see if work or blow the fuse. 2 a 3 days to receive the parts.

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
You can back feed it (rotate it with another source, motor e.g.) at the rated RPM, the motor should produce the rated DC voltage.
Or any pro-rated speed of the plate voltage.
ok i will do that , so if the motor produce dc return maybe that's why is still running after safety key remove the circuit are pass volts from motor to board because the upper control just go off but motor continue to running, with a 220v bulb this not happen just turn off the bulb at some time that upper console shutdown. strange for me

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
hello again ,test done drill cant go to 4500rpm its a old chineses drill but the motor produce 60v +- dc
i receive today a email saying the parts are out of stock and i must wait 7 working days to stock arrive to then and 2 more days to receive. and is pay, Portugal is the biggest corrupt country, middle class and working class don't have any rights i must pay first and they show that have those parts in stock but...2 days after. they say you must wait 9 working days do get what you pay.no refund nothing no respect nothing.

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
the second motor i never clean or test yet is for the second round but since missing board i think only a universal kit or a used board and adaptation. i will check ebay from time to time.

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
on the second motor with a drill that only make 2800rpm motor make 70v and first motor with drill slower make 60volts.
i open again today the first motor and bearings are like new i think the diferences from motor are from magnetic field.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Is one a wound field motor?
At one time on older motors with magnetic material different than today's rare-earth magnetic make up, it was imperative to place a iron 'keeper' in place of the armature when removing for maintenance etc.
With the modern materials it is usually unnecessary.
Do not back feed the motor at a greater RPM than the rated rpm.

MikasPT

Joined Feb 15, 2022
the first motor is 2 pole magnetic and don't have any wires to magnets the differences i find is the first motor are he have rotor much longer then the second and if rotate by hand i feel that have more magnetic field the 1 motor then the second. the rotor of the first have less space between elements then de second but i don't open de second. and the first motor have 2 magnets elements in one side and others 2 on opposite wall so i think they don't have one big magnet they glue 2 magnets to cover the rotor. if you want i can open tomorrow the motor and take pictures. and again, thanks for your major help i star to learn dc motor this size.