HEF4000 Versus CD4000 series

luckydevil

Joined Nov 26, 2018
I'm building a high end metal detector and the schematic labels the TX IC's without a prefix. ie , 4013. Comparing the datasheets between the CD4013 and the HEF4013 it says the CD4013 has (input: CMOS & output: CMOS) . The HEF4013 says ( input: Single-Ended & output: Differential).
I've searched extensively trying to learn what the difference means and/or if one might be better suited to my application. Since the slight differences in voltage max and speed is not a problem, I'd just like to know if there might be potential for one to be noisy versus the other.
The circuit has several hundred parts and I've had a 4 layer pcb made to allow power and signal some separation, along with one layer as just a ground plane.
Thanks,
ld

CD4013
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...GAEpiMZZMvxP%2Bvr8KwMwKnw7WYl6Y0AhRtqqghypJw=

HEF4013
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...GAEpiMZZMvxP%2Bvr8KwMwCQ0F1H8wvQHzuqAt31zLUI=

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Since the slight differences in voltage max and speed is not a problem, I'd just like to know if there might be potential for one to be noisy versus the other.
The only differences I can discern is that the Nexperia part has a Schmitt input on the clock input. They don't make reference to clock rise/fall time being unlimited.

Nexperia clock input:
1585269443061.png
Note that they don't show a Schmitt inverter; which it has to be.

TI clock input:
1585269472713.png

The other difference is that for some reason, I don't like the format Nexperia uses in their datasheets.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I have made the LTspice models for some of the HEF series chips and in particular for the HEF4013B. I simulated the change in thresholds from the supply voltage for the Schmidt input trigger. I also used MOSFETs at the output of these elements to reliably simulate the load characteristics.
Schmitt's trigger at the input, increases interference immunity.