guys, i need to conctruct this -12v power supply in multisim.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What are you going to derive your -12V from?
What current does the -12V have to supply?
Doesn't multisim have a voltage source model which you can simply set to -12V?

Kool Wicky

Joined Jul 13, 2014
Well it's a kind of homework. Since I am a beginner on multisim, i really don't know what to do. Every student has been asked to make it on multisim by using any means. Kindly help

Kool Wicky

Joined Jul 13, 2014
Actually we have to show each and every component in the supply. Multisim does have one supply but we are required to create our own. We ain't going to use it but just as a assignment you may say.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Do this with two 12 volt batteries:

You can find 12 volt batteries in MultiSim, right? Right? Please tell my you can find two 12 volt batteries in MultiSim...

Kool Wicky

Joined Jul 13, 2014
This is not my demand, I need the circuit diagram showing resistors capacitors etc attached in the circuit of a powersupply.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
This is not my demand, I need the circuit diagram showing resistors capacitors etc attached in the circuit of a powersupply.
LOL

All we know is that your requirement is output of -12 volts.
Fine.
Guess what? A circuit has output and it has input. You specified the output requirement. You have not specified the input requirement. Since you don't have a requirement for input, I provided you with the SIMPLEST circuit that meets your requirement, which is output of -12 volts..

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You really need input voltage and type (AC or DC) and output current requirements to do a design. If you don't know them, then they need to be defined by yourself for the purposes of the design.