g Treadmill (Proform/Domyos) controller board Fault

MihaiBrB

Joined Mar 19, 2022
I have found all the variations of the MC2100, they are basically identical in general design, just some component and circuits are different, but they all obtain the same result.
Are you sure the 20Hz is set, you can even vary this to see if there are any changes, It would seem obvious the boards you show seem to use exactly the same method of control, i.e. 20Hz PWM.
yes.maibe something else is wrong.i will change the optos..check the resistences and change the igbt driver..maibe check after that...4 boards like this with the same problem.

MihaiBrB

Joined Mar 19, 2022
I have found all the variations of the MC2100, they are basically identical in general design, just some component and circuits are different, but they all obtain the same result.
Are you sure the 20Hz is set, you can even vary this to see if there are any changes, It would seem obvious the boards you show seem to use exactly the same method of control, i.e. 20Hz PWM.
Found this on the forum posted but didnt seems to get the fix.

" At start-up the LED is lit continuously. After start-up the LED flashes. It starts at a higher speed and then decreases and works normally. But the igbt transistor heats up hard and burns out. "

I have the exact problems with the 4 boards.

MihaiBrB

Joined Mar 19, 2022
Very cool! i have managed to use pwm on 2 of the boards...but the other 2 dont seem to work.they have solid red light all the time...maibe they have a damaged igbt driver.i added photos with this models.

Attachments

MihaiBrB

Joined Mar 19, 2022
If they have the usual driver, MIC4427 etc, then it could have a shorted output from the IGBT failure?.
yes.that was my tought also..its irs2127..i will get some tommorow.

if its true and the problem is in the upper console, is there also a schematic for that ?

MihaiBrB

Joined Mar 19, 2022
I have never seen DWG for the console, the fault is rarely in the console, unless the machine has been taken apart to be moved etc.
them why does it do this ! " At start-up the LED is lit continuously. After start-up the LED flashes. It starts at a higher speed and then decreases and works normally. But the igbt transistor heats up hard and burns out.

and when pluged with light bulb every thing is ok...

MihaiBrB

Joined Mar 19, 2022
But do the main boards work OK on the bench with PWM into HD2 ??
yes..they work ok but with a light bulb or a motor with no load...now i have 5 board with this problem...on 4 of them when mounted on the treadmill and put load on the motor the IGBT driver goes on fire literally

MihaiBrB

Joined Mar 19, 2022
Ok so today i will replace again the following:

*IGBT with HGTG20N60B3D, IGBT, 40A/600V, FAIRCHILD
*IGBT DRIVER with IR21271(IR2127), driver; high-side,DIP8, INFINEON

*SMD resistances near IGBT gate ( 200 ohm each but in parallel so must read 100 ohm each)
*S8025L, Tiristor, 25A, 800V, 35mA

If this does not work them FOR IGBT FAILEUR this board is UNREPAIRABLE !
Also i will get back with real help for everyone who has the following problems with this board:
-IGBT fails
-after replace the board starts but its burn the IGBT again
-after replace the board starts the motor but has no torque with load on the motor.without torque it moves the belt.

MihaiBrB

Joined Mar 19, 2022
I will get to the bottom of the problem for this messy board design..
I know many face the same problem.After IGBT fails they cannot get the controller board to work again even if they replace it ( some get the IGBT destroyed again other dont have torque anymore and the motor stops as soon as you step on the belt, when load is applied.)

Guess nobody managed to get this working again.