function of 200mh inductor

MIDE

Joined Mar 3, 2015
Hi,
I am trying to design a 96w inverter dc to ac inverter circuit . I found a circuit which utilizes a 2oomH inductor as part of the component to achieve this design. I don't understand what the inductor is used for in the circuit.

kindly advice on this/ or if there another easy way of achieving the design

I have attached the circuit schematic as well.

Thanks

Attachments

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
L1, C3 and C4 form what is called a "pi filter." Google it if you will, it is a very good filter used here to pull out the fundamental (lowest) frequency from the '555.

I do not recommend using anything in this circuit beyond using as an example of "what not to do."

MIDE

Joined Mar 3, 2015
Thanks ErineM,
If I am to get you correctly, are you saying the circuit wont work? please advice on this.
If I am to follow the circuit , what is the correct specification of the inductor to use to help achieve the design.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
That's a very poor circuit. I wouldn't build it.
The 200mH inductor does nothing useful.
Q2 and Q3 have no emitter resistors and will not, therefore, share load current equally.
Q2 and Q3 will dissipate much more power than is fed to the transformer.
The transformer primary will probably saturate due to the heavy DC current through it.
The waveform is far from being a 'pure sine wave'.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
The idea is to develop a sinusoidal drive signal via extraction of the fundamental frequency at the 555’s output via low pass filtration. However non-saturated amplification is highly inefficient power conversion design. If sinusoidal output is desired waveform synthesis is a superior approach…

Best regards
HP

MIDE

Joined Mar 3, 2015
Thanks HP,
would you be kind to send me a better or efficient schematic for a 110Watts pure sine wave inverter
?
my knowledge on practical electronics circuit design is very limited.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
would you be kind to send me a better or efficient schematic for a 110Watts pure sine wave inverter
For what purpose?
This is an advanced project, requiring lots of experience, and special parts. Not something for a newbie...

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
>would you be kind to send me a better or efficient schematic for a 110Watts pure sine wave invert

Good design will first convert (via flyback/boost techniques) the input power to DC having an EMF consistent with the peak value of the desired output EMF and waveform -- thence synthesize said waveform via digitally controlled 'chopping' – You may be able to locate a schematic of such a device via the search engine of your choice…

Be advised that, as the previous poster alludes, this is indeed a daunting project for an amateur...

Should you require further info I may be able to assist, my recommendation, however, is that you make a study of SMPS techniques prior to attempted implementation…

Best regards
HP

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Is there a specific reason you need a pure sinewave inverter?. As noted above, an efficient design is very difficult to achieve. If you don't need a sinewave output (and most devices don't), try the circuit in #10.

ak

MIDE

Joined Mar 3, 2015
Thanks for all your response.

I will try to get my head around them, as a designer be it amateur or professional one needs to start somewhere. A circuit schematic for a more efficient design would be highly appreciated from the geeks and more experienced Engineers.
thanks