Frequency Response Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor

insyspower

Joined May 29, 2017
I have a project, first i need to find a circuit to analyse/study the Frequency Response of Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor. Then simulate that circuit on SPICE (i'am using Orcad Cadence).

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

This sounds like homework. If it's homework, you need to post your best efforts first. Then members will try to guide you to a solution.

insyspower

Joined May 29, 2017
The fT (Transition frequency) of a transistor (the ones i'm studying) ranges from 10 GHz to 100 GHz (High Frequency).
The Beta should be around β=200 (Hfe).

Can someone help me finding a circuit as mentioned above???, I'm having difficulties finding one. Any links, etc, would be very helpful, just need some circuit to start with.

How to add Microstrip transmission lines to Orcad Cadence? do i need the PCB version of it or just the regular version?

insyspower

Joined May 29, 2017
I'am trying to simulate exactly what you did, i can't get the 3 lines (RGB)
{ie} is a label or something?, it doesn't let me put the "{ }".
Also, my .txt file is a bit different than yours.

Attachments

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I used the revised model. You asked for a link, which I did. All models have two emitters. It's easy to fix this, but it's easier to use a four-pin symbol.
Manipulating the left and right mouse button you can access all transistors in the library. This is such a feature (not documented) LTspice

insyspower

Joined May 29, 2017

Attachments

insyspower

Joined May 29, 2017
Yeah is 5V not 15V, now VBE is 0.7V.
Ic/Ib ranges from 340 (10Hz) to 0 (1GHz+).
But in datasheet ranges from 110 (min) to 270 (máx), something wrong?
is Emiter 1 and Emiter 2 well connected to the rest of that circuit?
The diagrams (Gain, FT, Hfe) in datasheet seem a bit off.

Last edited: