Free Anti-virus that doesn't want sign-up/etc

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I had Avast last year, I can't say if it was good or bad, this year I wanted to try BitDefender, but they want me to sign up, and I don't want more junk mail, I just want a freeware AV, that it also low system usage, and not just spyware

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Get yourself a free email account with a browser interface, like gmail especially for junk mail and use it to register your software and get any startup key etc. that might be needed.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Both suggestions are good, I need an email for junk too

I installed Bitdendender, and then while trying to uninstall it, I broke it. ,I tried the tool, and it failed too. Now they want me to contact them to fix, uninstalling it. Screw that, It's not that I distrust them, it's just annoying, and not necessary.

I think I'll try Linux on my old PC, if it's as simple as some of the versions look now a-days, I'll be golden.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
So there's no LTSpice for Linux ? I use it since it's free and often recommended. So what are some good Linux options ? I used to buy videogames, so I could buy a program like this if needed.

I was just getting into LTSpice, using more commands. How similar are other "spice" programs to learn and use ?

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I tried some top recommened 1, but it wanted some other files, I said yes and then it hung on some other missing files, so I think I downloaded F-PROT, I remember that as a kid. I'll try malwarebytes too

Hey Linux running LTSpice fixed the crazy cpu usage I had moving around a schematic, with grid markers on. I hate you windows 10.