forward and reverse motor

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
i was able to attach one file, I tried (4) files. I am using windows. It allows me to open files, uploads everything, then runs a horizontal line through the file name and dims with cancel next to it.
Ok. My next thought is that the file may be too big. How large are they? Over 2M won’t upload.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Ok, just a thought on my part. The only thing that I can think of at this time is there is a limit on the total size of ALL attachments, especially since you’ve demonstrated the ability of uploading them individually.

@jrap?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Is the motor you show actually the one you have? You state it is only 1/2hp?
If you make the drum sw momentary then you will need contactor(s) in order to retain motion.
Max.

paultn71

Joined Oct 22, 2019
Is the motor you show actually the one you have? You state it is only 1/2hp?
If you make the drum sw momentary then you will need contactor(s) in order to retain motion.
Max.
it is a 1/3 hp, presently running by momentary drum switch. the operator has to hold until at full open, then let go. they want to be able to walk away from switch and it stop by itself. the drawing is the exact motor. thank you.

paultn71

Joined Oct 22, 2019
it is a 1/3 hp, presently running by momentary drum switch. the operator has to hold until at full open, then let go. they want to be able to walk away from switch and it stop by itself. the drawing is the exact motor. thank you.
the switch can be used as momentary or maintain. it has a mechanism that will adjust to either type.

paultn71

Joined Oct 22, 2019
I realize this, but it also means that if you want to use momentary and walk away, then some means of retaining the motion is needed, Contactor etc.
Max.
The motor is running a door. The switch is in momentary currently. It works great if you stand there and hold switch. You have to stop door by letting off of momentary switch. Its been this way for 25 yrs. They do not want to stand at switch and wait for door to close. The switch is capable of being a maintain switch. I was trying to use what they have and add some limits to stop door. I am starting to think now that the 115v/230v, 1/3 hp, split phase motor will not work in this set-up.

paultn71

Joined Oct 22, 2019
The motor is running a door. The switch is in momentary currently. It works great if you stand there and hold switch. You have to stop door by letting off of momentary switch. Its been this way for 25 yrs. They do not want to stand at switch and wait for door to close. The switch is capable of being a maintain switch. I was trying to use what they have and add some limits to stop door. I am starting to think now that the 115v/230v, 1/3 hp, split phase motor will not work in this set-up.
By the way, door will slam into other door or wall if you dont let off of momentary switch at right time.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Anything can be done, but if needing to use the drum switch in momentary fashion, then other devices have to be added with the appropriate circuit, together with limits SW's etc..
Max.

paultn71

Joined Oct 22, 2019
running it in maintain is what they want. putting limit switches in circuit to stop doors was the idea, but not working out. thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Like I said, you need to wire in relays or contactors that latch in and are trip/released at the end by the limit switches.
The drum switch wil just be used to set the direction in motion.
Max.

My turn. Actual size is an issue. The filetype MUST be supported AND the extension case must be supported. .JPG is not supported. .jpg is. Click on the all types to see a list.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It does not matter if it is .jpg or .JPG.
Have a look the attached files.

At the moment there is only a problem with the size.
The sides may not be larger as 1280 pixels.
At this moment the auto scaling does not work.

Bertus

Attachments

paultn71

Joined Oct 22, 2019
Like I said, you need to wire in relays or contactors that latch in and are trip/released at the end by the limit switches.
The drum switch wil just be used to set the direction in motion.
Max.
You are correct. I need to tell them to leave as is, or buy a 4 pole reversing starter and limits. Thank you, i appreciate the time.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The momentary drum switch would work with two small control (cube) relays and two power relay/contactors and two N/C limit switches.
BTW if the your hand drawn schematic with switch T terminals refer to the motor terminal winding DWG, where is the other end of the run winding connected, T2 & T4.?
Max.

paultn71

Joined Oct 22, 2019
The momentary drum switch would work with two small control (cube) relays and two power relay/contactors and two N/C limit switches.
BTW if the your hand drawn schematic with switch T terminals refer to the motor terminal winding DWG, where is the other end of the run winding connected, T2 & T4.?
Max.
they tie to L2