One relay com ,n/o, n/c that can control an motor in reverse and forward ,that would switch every time i press button

Hotrod_32

Joined Feb 29, 2024
Hi,here is my project im seting up a remote control wireless and i only have one contact left (com ,n/o ,n/c) ,with one button left on remote .
with this contactor i would like to control a motor forward/reverse for example if i press and hold button it would go forward ,and wen i let go of button it would stop and press button again it would go in reverse , my remote receiver is running on 24v dc so id like to use that for my contactor if possible , it dosent mater in witch state if we lose power , what im contoling is a little motor on a 10k speed pod that control and vibrator bin on a crusher , what would be my simplest way ,thanks
Edit

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You could use the relay contact to clock a cyclic 4-step counter which controls an H-bridge to supply the motor. The steps would be Off, Forward, Off, Reverse. But unless there is some state feedback from the remote location you would not know the motor state.
it dosent mater in witch state if we lose power
It doesn't seem safe to leave a motor in a potentially energised state if there is power loss, especially if the application is a crusher!:eek:

Hotrod_32

Joined Feb 29, 2024
You could use the relay contact to clock a cyclic 4-step counter which controls an H-bridge to supply the motor. The steps would be Off, Forward, Off, Reverse. But unless there is some state feedback from the remote location you would not know the motor state.

It doesn't seem safe to leave a motor in a potentially energised state if there is power loss, especially if the application is a crusher!:eek:
Im interested in that 4 step counter your talking about , the H bridge same Principal of my reversing contactor I usually use ,
The motor that I’m controlling is attached to a Potentiometer that control vfd speed , the only danger would be is there could me more rock that would go in the feeder and jam and that happens often , the vibe motor is control via computer and Safty ,

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That exact function is available in an electric train sequence relay, which steps from off to forward to off to reverse. Your other option is to share functions with another remote channel.
If the TS is willing to describe the whole system then probably the collection of brains here can arrive at a good alternative. If not, consider the statements as that it is not possible in a simple scheme as true!
Stating only the solution you have picked as the answer to the problem often eliminates any possible solutions.