First-Time PCB Check

Protein

Joined Nov 5, 2021
Hello everyone,

Recently I've been working on a design for my first custom PCB. The purpose of the board is essentially to gather values from a number of sensors and display them. One of the sensors, the ambient pressure sensor, is located on the board, and the other sensors, as well as the display, would be connected through wires, hence the i2c terminals. There is also a haptic motor driver w/ terminals for the motor.

I was hoping that someone would be willing to take a look at my schematic, and let me know if they can spot any errors. I'm brand new to PCB design and somewhat new to electronics in general, so any feedback is also appreciated.

Thank you so much!
Schematic.png

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What software are you using?
I know using Kicad you would need to label ALL the power connections with a power symbol, you have a few with just the particular voltage.
Also minor, easier to read when the +power flags point up and the GND are pointing down, as in the PB SW4.
.Also with Kicad, a Global label has to be used as so:

1636174342614.png
For interconnections

Protein

Joined Nov 5, 2021
What software are you using?
I know using Kicad you would need to label ALL the power connections with a power symbol, you have a few with just the particular voltage.
Also minor, easier to read when the +power flags point up and the GND are pointing down, as in the PB SW4.
.Also with Kicad, a Global label has to be used as so:

View attachment 252019
For interconnections
I'm using Eagle. After looking at the board layout view, it seems like the power is connected to all of the labeled points, regardless of whether a symbol is used, so that shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the tip about GND and power!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Sprinkle test-points (pin-headers and/or PCB pads) for signal ground and important signals. Having dedicated test-points makes troubleshooting a PCB easier. I would also look at the power quality (power and return loops) between your haptic motor driver circuit and the reset of the system. The 'motors' are inductive so they generate back-EMF into the drive lines.

https://www.precisionmicrodrives.com/ab-008

Juhahoo

Joined Jun 3, 2019
The biggest error is the schematics layout. You have off pages used on every signal and nearly on every component on a single sheet design. This makes the schematic absolutely nightmare to read and understand. When the design is as simple as this, there are no off pages needed, Just organize the schematics so that it is easy to follow and understand.