First time interfacing MCU with external SDRAM

TrackerFX

Joined May 18, 2020
I appreciate the concern but I have been a professional engineer for several years. The company I used to work for (before I became self-employed) had another guy doing all the schematic work while I did the layouts and assembly. I have routed several PCBs with RAM, including DDR just didn't have the pleasure of doing the schematics for them. Since going off on my own, I specialize in robotics and automation and am currently developing my own line of BLE products so I have extensive experience in designing and routing high speed RF and differential signals. This is my first project doing the schematic for a RAM chip; however, since most MCUs have enough internal memory for most things I work on.

That being said, @BobaMosfet breadboards are noisy and I've spent weeks troubleshooting projects that turned out to not have any problems at all, other than a cheap breadboard picking up noise from the environment. I'm better off making a board.

@dendad
JLPCB is based out of China and can take several times longer than Osh Park (based out of the US) to deliver and JLPCB charges extra for panelized designs. When I had them quote my last project they were actually more expensive than Osh Park. The driving cost of this project is the shear size of the PCB, but $1,000 also includes parts, since I won't know if the board works until I assemble it. What I meant earlier is that $1,000 did not include labor.(Sorry for any confusion.)