File upload not working :(

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Still think it just proves what many here have thought for a long time. HP and Aleph(()) are one and the same. After all both names have a 'h' and a 'p' in them. ;):p:Do_O
Shortbus I say using that logic u must be vry happy your UN doesn't have a _C_ and _M_ in addition to the _T_:p:D

So we're safe from your up loads till then? :rolleyes::confused::p:D:eek:o_O
But you do know I wasn't being serious.
Shortbus all the smileys on your post basically gave that away even if I really did do a lot of totally boring uploads! So no worries:)!

Aleph(())
Shortbus Haha! Using _empty set_ notation for my UN is clever but totally unfair cuz how can I retaliate against somebody with _Shortbus_ for username:p?

So anyhow getting to business of thread, FWIW I can get uploads to work like 1 in 10 times (but not if trys are in same time period:confused:). So I know @Hypatia's Protege thinks it's just Zenmate messing with connection but I say it's more complicated than that cuz uploads complete but _bomb_ b4 they can be attached:confused: So maybe problem happens in file conversion phase? Anyhow I can't deny Zenmate has something to do with it cuz that was only thing HP didn't try when she tried to duplicate problem!

So b4 bugging Admins again I say next step is to just wait until @theodoravain or @Jazz2C (who I think both still use Zenmate too) have a chance to try uploading!

Anyhow for now I'm just vry happy it's not like _my breath_:eek::D

Last edited:
So b4 bugging Admins again I say next step is to just wait until @theodoravain or @Jazz2C (who I think both still use Zenmate too) have a chance to try uploading!
Sounds like a plan!:) -- That said - you mightn't want to 'hold your breath' waiting on @theodoravain :rolleyes: -- Seems her equanimity is yet recovering from your blistering rebuke of her 'attitude problem':rolleyes:

Best regards
HP:cool:

Last edited:

Jazz2C

Joined May 27, 2016
I use Zen's Bucharest server. Here's what I can try:

Hey Aleph, it finally got the asc but the jpg stalls out just as you described. Now that's odd! We've proven Zenmate is the common denominator but it's not just dropped packets or I'd know it! I transfer multi gigabyte files and streams on a regular basis! We're only talking 300kb here! IMO it's some kind of handshake problem. It can't be site policy (server/IP banning) or it would never work! Sry I couldn't try flash.

Attachments

IMO it's some kind of handshake problem.
Or perhaps a delay (leading to a 'time-out') at a critical juncture? Inasmuch as @Aleph(0) reports achivment of 100% upload indication immediately preceding the error report (note - said explicit 'progress indication' visible only via Flash) taken with my observation that the (successful) upload process 'pauses' for some time (≥ 20 seconds) prior to 'attaching' -- I can but guess the 'scaling algorithm' makes further I/O requests to the uploading (i.e. 'source') server -- VPNs and their ilk are notorious for dilatory response to each new/subsequent request despite often excellent 'contiguous performance' -- My $.02

Best regards
HP:)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
@Hypatia's Protege @Jazz2C and everyone HUGE TNX:)! So whatever's going on, now at least I know it's just another like _cross_ to bear using VPN! So it's definitely NOT AAC problem and I'm vry happy it's NOT personal 2 me:eek::)

That's what makes them safe. The user can't seem to get anything out into the public, so they are safe.
Indeed! -- à la the undeniable safety 'advantages' of a motorcar sans an engineo_O -- Ya getting this @Aleph(0), @Jazz2C, @theodoravain et al?:p
HP and Shortbus u can laugh but I still say it's way better to wear armor on battlefield (by which I mean whole internet) no matter how heavy and clunky it can be:cool:!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
@Hypatia's Protege @Jazz2C and everyone HUGE TNX:)! So whatever's going on, now at least I know it's just another like _cross_ to bear using VPN! So it's definitely NOT AAC problem and I'm vry happy it's NOT personal 2 me:eek::)

HP and Shortbus u can laugh but I still say it's way better to wear armor on battlefield (by which I mean whole internet) no matter how heavy and clunky it can be:cool:!
Nah, I say it’s better to surf naked! :p

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I should have said shade. I'm sure many can track thru Tor now. And I only have the VPN word and contract that no logs are created. For what a contract is worth.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
It's just my thoughts but, it seems to me that using VPN or even one of the new "check if your information is on the dark web" sites just puts you in more risk. Unless your a very very big corporation or something of the sort. It seems like for the average joe, it would be an open challenge to some one to find out what your hiding.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
It's just my thoughts but, it seems to me that using VPN or even one of the new "check if your information is on the dark web" sites just puts you in more risk. Unless your a very very big corporation or something of the sort. It seems like for the average joe, it would be an open challenge to some one to find out what your hiding.
Shortbus I totally agree with that abt torrents cuz they have bad rap of being used by like high-volume copyright infringers, and, 1,000,000 times worse, degenerate perverts downloading child abuse vids and like that:mad:!

But I say VPNs are mainly just used by ppl who don't want their CC# ripped off and who think their name, exact location and shopping preferences are their own f'ing business!

So it takes a lot of money (or clout) to breach a good VPN:)! So since I'm not breaking law I'm not worried abt law enforcement but I say big business (including what Google has become) can go pound sand:mad::D

So even if I'm living in fool's paradise, at least I have satisfaction of making it a little more difficult for info harvesting pukes:D!

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I believe every ISP/web platform surveils you. I believe they sell this information to hundreds, if not thousands of private marketing companies. And who knows who else.......give it to the DNC? High tech companies at white house once a month(often once per wk) for 8 yrs. That is not good for the American people. Scary.

The ISP/web platforms can say they collect the info for diagnostics and product improvement. Which it does.

But the info has become much move than just preference. They track your physical locations and durations. They timestamp your life. The church/auction/rally you go to. This is boo-koo spooky to me.

Talk about intrusive. And apparently......one can not turn it off. They will tell you it's off, but it's not. They totally ignore you.

The VPN is a plus......but it's still what you do online....like signing in somewhere. Or onto a web account.

I do not miss the spam either.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
The VPN is a plus......but it's still what you do online....like signing in somewhere. Or onto a web account.
BR-549 ur absolutely correct! PPL just don't get it! They basically share like their _autobiography_ on line and then get surprised that too much info abt them is _out there_:rolleyes:! I say best lock in world can't protect property in house w/o walls:rolleyes:o_O!

Last edited: