File upload not working :(

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
So with flash enabled, no matter what file type or size I get message saying _there was a problem uploading file_ after progress bar gets to right side.

With flash disabled it just hangs after selecting file to upload. Also biggest file is only like 200kb jpg (which is screen capture of Ltspice sim).

So anyhow I've tried through different servers (including HP's hub) and different files but nothing works which I don't understand since I was always able to upload before:confused:?

Plz help cuz now I'm getting nowhere fast:(

PS I've also tried disabling all my security software.

MOD:
hi,
Passed to Admin
E

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
@Aleph(0) -- Email received - As a 'stop gap' (pending proper solution of the difficulty) I've uploaded your files to my blog:

Link to the ASC

Link to the JPG

Well hey! While your alacrity is greatly appreciated -- In the interests of your emotional and long-term physical health, I wish you'd learn to calm down and apply some perspective! Hobbies are supposed to be relaxing!:)

Very best regards
HP:cool:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

@Aleph(0) , What was the exact file extention?
The following extentions are allowed:
asc, asm, asy, zip, txt, pdf, djvu, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe ,gif ,doc ,docx ,hex ,lbr, sch, svg, lib, cir, rar, sub ,py, ods, odt, csv, xls, xlsx

Bertus

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Hello,

@Aleph(0) , What was the exact file extention?
The following extentions are allowed:
asc, asm, asy, zip, txt, pdf, djvu, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe ,gif ,doc ,docx ,hex ,lbr, sch, svg, lib, cir, rar, sub ,py, ods, odt, csv, xls, xlsx

Bertus
Bertus Tnx for responding! So one was _JPG_ and other was _ASC_ FWIW they're exact files HP uploaded to her blog for me linked in post 2 on this thread.

MOD:
hi,
Passed to Admin
E
@ericgibbs? Tnx:)!

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I also noticed sometimes a hickup in the uploads.
Could you try again?
If the problem continues, please contact @jrap , he is the technical administrator and owner.

Bertus

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Agree, it is an admin matter. But, have you tried something relatively bullet proof like a .txt?
Jpanhalt I didn't try .txt but non-flash uploader can sometimes upload vry small .asc files (so it usually just hangs) but flash uploader ALWAYS bombs with _there was a problem..._ when upload reaches 100%:( It would be nice if software said what problem was! For some reason a lot of professional programmers think users are automatically too dumb to understand:mad:!

I also noticed sometimes a hickup in the uploads.
Could you try again?
Bertus tnx but I tried a few times since mid July and it's always the same:(!

If the problem continues, please contact @jrap , he is the technical administrator and owner.
Bertus I think Jrap is just too busy to respond to things like this anymore based on what other ppl having problems have said:( So I'd definitely consider it a huge favor if you would bring it up to him:)?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Attn: @Aleph(0)

With the aim of attempting to assist your upload debugging efforts and in view of the fact that I experianced no difficulty uping your files to my blog using the 'PaleMoon' broswer -- This is an attempt to up said documents here (i.e. to a 'public thread') VIA Firefox ESR V. 52.8.0/ 'Shockwave Flash' (V. 28.0 ro)

LVPSURipple.jpg

Note that these are idendical to the files you attempted to upload yesterday (save for the fact that I took the liberty of substuting the more appropriate MURS120s for the 1N914s in your original draft -- Re: the '.ASC' file only). None of which can have the least bearing upon upload difficulties - still... one is irresestibly compelled to 'disclaim':oops::D

Best regards
HP

Attachments

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Continuing...

Inasmuch as I experianced no difficulty, I must assume your issues owe either to broswer, flash version or OS issues --- Please 'remind me' of the presice hardware, OS and Flash versions you are using such that I may attempt to duplicate the problem...

Very best regards
HP:cool:

@Aleph(0), as may be seen below I've successfully uploaded your unadulterated files -- Via hardware and software identical to your description (please verify?):
-OS = MS Windows XP V. 5.1.2600
-Browser = FIrefox ESR V. 52.9.0
-Hardware = HP Pavilion zd7000

While I neither installed Zenmate nor routed via Leaseweb, I can't imagine such being an issue - especially as, per your description, the uploads complete prior to reporting an error...

I advise you re-try following temporary suspension of any virtual NIC utilities (i.e. 'MAC spoofers', etc) -- Inasmuch as Zenmate already 'anonymizes' your media access control addy, perhaps some manner of 'collision' is at issue?

Very best regards and good luck!
HP:)

PS Please rest assured that should the difficulty prove 'intractable' -- I have no objection to posting your files to my blog (such that you may link/display them in your posts) on an on-going basis -- That said please be advised, that advance notice will be MUCH appreciated!:)

LVPSURipple.jpg

Attachments

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
@bertus

Ok so I tried again using same exact hardware, OS, browser version and flash version as HP and it's same crap! I even tried directly through HP's hub (so same ISP, MAC) same everything!

So since it works for HP but not me under exact same conditions that means MY USER IS BARRED FROM UPLOADS! WHY:confused:? I say I deserve courtesy of an explanation which BTW doesn't mean passing buck to ppl who are way too busy 2 help me out! After all I've been courteous and cooperative user on here for a long time now I definitely don't need runaround like this!

Last edited:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Hi Aleph(0),
As a test, try to send me an upload on a Conversation, lets check if its just forum uploads or all.
Eric
Ericgibbs thanks:)!

So I took your advice and it worked w/o flash once (no luck with flash at all) and then went back to problem I've been having on subsequent tests:(

So anyhow big time tnx for trying to help also plz feel free to post all or any part you want of PM here for benefit of Admins or anyone else who might be able to help:)!

You need to have Flash uploader disabled AND the sentence case of the file has to match. If .JPG is not in the list then it's not supported. .jpg is NOT the same as .JPG unfortunately. There is not enough places to put all of the variations such as .jPg etc.

So, try the lower case version of .jpg AND the Flash uploader disabled.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
@KeepItSimpleStupid TNX! So I just tried with lower case extension and it still just locks with _activity bar_ animation (in upper right corner of screen) running until I reload page:(

So just in case it's any help it always works for HP with same exact files but not for me even when I access internet through her remote access VM with same OS version, browser and virtual NIC set for same media access control addy as she was using to emulate my system for test:confused: So from _web side_ only difference between HP and me when I'm accessing internet through her hub is I'm running Zenmate VPN but that never caused any trouble B4:confused:? So anyhow I don't think it's connection problem cuz with Flash enabled it gets to 100% then gives error. So maybe it's to do with Zenmate but I say that's vry unlikely since every server has same problems with flash (bombs at 100%) and other problem w/o flash (endless activity bar animation).

So here's something else that could be helpful, when I tried for Mods in PM it worked once (w/o flash) but I couldn't get it to work again:confused:!

So I'm thinking next thing 2 try is physically visiting HP and directly logging in with my device through her WIFI w/o Zenmate enabled cuz that could at least prove it's not problem with my acct! But it can be awhile b4 I have time to do that:(

Also just in case ur wondering, reason I don't just disable Zenmate from here for test is cuz then my Xplornet IP (and so exact physical addy) would be doxed on every node my connection routed through:eek:! Even when I link through HP's VM hub it's still exposed to Team Viewer (and o/c Zemate itself) which I'm not totally comfortable with but 100% security is basically a fantasy anyhow:(

Now just so everybody knows! I TOTALLY TRUST AAC! But there's tons of servers in between and anyhow if Equifax can be hacked anybody can! So I prefer to keep social and business/personal contact totally firewalled from each other! So maybe I'm just paranoid but it's definitely NOT personal to AAC:)!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Has anyone suggested clearing caches? Even a wireless router reboot might help. When the forum made some changes a while back - maybe to the orange, I can’t recall - I had all sorts of weird problems. They eventually just faded away without any particular solution being applied except trying to clear every possible cache between me and the AAC server.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
@wayneh Tnx!

So anyhow my browser is set to clear cache (by which I mean cookies, LSOs, temporary files and like that) every time it closes. So I don't know what that means when I'm connecting through HP's VM but since I only try that for test purposes I'm usually just running like they say _barefoot_ just through Zenmate.

So I've been thinking that since @theodoravain also takes my suggestion to always connect through Zenmate for social interaction she could try uploading to see if problem is just due to Zenmate or not! So I emailed the test files (by which I mean lvpsu_ripple.jpg and lvpsu_ripple.asc) to her but she's been totally too busy to take like 3 min to help me with my _little problems_ cuz of fall semester starting on Tuesday (just so u know the whining is tongue in cheek cuz I'm not THAT big a baby:eek::D!)

Wayneh so anyhow big time sincere thanks for reading and caring enough to give suggestion! Cuz it definitely matters:)!

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Ok so I just tried again and still no luck:( So Could somebody plz do me a BIG favor and look at log or whatever to see what's going wrong?

So in case it helps test File = _LVPSURipple.jpg_, Filesize = 213 kb