Error in STM CUBE IDE help

specs365

Joined Mar 14, 2019
Hi, I am trying to code and FFT on an STM32F429ZI board. At the moment I am just trying to make sure I have evrything I need before I code, but when I run I get 1 last error that is the following:

make -j4 all
arm-none-eabi-gcc -o "Janre_probeer_weer.elf" @"objects.list" -l"C:/Users/Janre/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.6.0/CMSIS/DSP/Lib/ARM" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -T"C:\Users\Janre\Desktop\Cube WorkSpace\Janre_probeer_weer\STM32F429ZITX_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="Janre_probeer_weer.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static -L"C:\Users\Janre\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\ARM\CMSIS\5.6.0\CMSIS\DSP\Lib\ARM" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -Wl,--end-group
c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.2.0\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.0.0.201904181610\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lC:/Users/Janre/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.6.0/CMSIS/DSP/Lib/ARM
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:52: Janre_probeer_weer.elf] Error 1
"make -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

That looks like a major mess, but basically I have no idea what the ld.exe is and why it needs some sort of -lC something or other. If I can provide project files that might help, please let me know. I have not added anything in the main.c file yet. This is literally just to get all the libraries and includes working.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I am not familiar with the STM32F429ZI board but I have a lot of experience in de-bugging software. I would suggest that you start again, adding only one library or function at a time. That way you will find out what is causing your problem.
Regards,
Keith

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Here is what we know so far.

1) STM32F429I DISCOVERY
2) STM32CubeIDE

Can you successfully build and execute a simple main.c template?

specs365

Joined Mar 14, 2019
Here is what we know so far.

1) STM32F429I DISCOVERY
2) STM32CubeIDE

Can you successfully build and execute a simple main.c template?
As in something like flashing and LED? Yes, that I can do so far. I think the biggest problem is coming from trying to include the necessary libraries for an fft to work.